2 quick sci-fi scenes

Started by elipsis1, October 02, 2012, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elipsis1

I am always amazed at how you can basically click a few times and get this kind of stuff out of terragen :)

elipsis1

...And in the second scene I tried out a component mixer on the moon, adding a surface shader to see what it would look like.  This is actually a composite of two different photoshop exposures.

Bjur

I like the framing of the 1st one, the look is kinda "cineastic".

Did you used a "simple" TG2 planet in the Background?
Im still digging myself throu the TG basics to learn/test how to operate with all of this terrains, shaders and all the other stuff..
But in the end, for me there may be planets too, whenever, due to post or TG.
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

elipsis1

Quote from: Bjur on October 03, 2012, 05:48:24 PM
I like the framing of the 1st one, the look is kinda "cineastic".

Did you used a "simple" TG2 planet in the Background?
Im still digging myself throu the TG basics to learn/test how to operate with all of this terrains, shaders and all the other stuff..
But in the end, for me there may be planets too, whenever, due to post or TG.

Yes, the planet is all terragen, simple planet.  I tweaked the powerfractal colors a bit though.

elipsis1

Quote from: TheBadger on October 04, 2012, 10:16:15 PM
Image 1 works for me.

Yeah I agree, the framing is better and it just seems to work, as you say.

I love discovering worlds through terragen, it is like we have been given a gift to visit other worlds or undiscovered vistas never before seen by man, then Terragen is our "camera" of proof that we were there! :) what a trip!

My father will look at my artwork and say, "since the universe is infinite, this image you made actually exists somewhere in the universe."  I take that as a compliment, and just a cool concept.