masonspappy

Simius Strabus

Looks like a fairy tail forest  :)
Its perfect!

Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Tangled-Universe

That's really cool Michael :)

I'd increase exposure a little to spice it up a bit. I suppose you'll also use soft shadows for the final?

Looking forward to see this one finalised!

Cheers,
Martin

cyphyr

Soft shadows was going to be my suggestion too, great work!
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

@ Kadri, pappy, Strabus

Thanks guys, I appreciate your saying if you like it!

@cyphyr and T-U

Thanks guys, of course your right. I just wanted to see what people thought before I added extra render time.
I should probably add some more GI too.

Right now I am using detail of .8 and default GI. At 2000pix wide its an hour and some minutes long render time. RTO on, RTA off.
I think everything else is default too.

I can live with about an hour (+/-) for this. The animation of the shot will be *no more* than 6 seconds at 30fps. The camera will follow the path form an area to the right in a leftward "truck". Stoping where you see above^^.
There will be a character running on the path up to the cottage. He will be composited in later. But thats a whole new nightmare learning curve.
It has been eaten.

Zairyn Arsyn

i like mushrooms and i like this a lot. ;)

keep up the good works, badger. :)

will these models ever be available to the public by any chance?
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Jo Kariboo

Very interesting ! Perhaps a little tilt up  for view more the head of mushrooms. Very good works your mushrooms !!!

choronr

Very nice Michael. In keeping with what certain mushrooms can do for one, you might re-title this one 'Visions'.

Dune

'The House of Visions'

Looking really good, Michael. Good luck with your running character, sounds like a relative nightmare indeed.

TheBadger

Quotewill these models ever be available to the public by any chance?

No. You do not want these. Heres why;
The other day I had my 3D preview in wire mode. And I got this message (paraphrase) "You have no more memory on your hard disk" and for the first time I had to hard reboot my mac.

I have 32 gigs of real memory, and 806 gigs of available hard space, and these shrooms shut me down! Hows that for a bad trip!

I have been working on a share for the community though! I work on the models i am making for the community in my spare time. I am a turtle though. So don't wait up at night.

Thanks everyone for the words. :)

It has been eaten.

pclavett

That is some amazing work ! I will not even ask how much time has gone in this ! Congrats !
Paul