The Fire Moors

Started by AP, October 26, 2012, 11:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

This is still a work in progress. If there is any part of this that could use improvements, let me know.

otakar

Best fire I've seen yet in TG. Perhaps a bit of red (orange-red) added (for hotter flames) would look even better.

masonspappy

You created those flames purely in Terragen??? May I ask how?
- Cam

AP

All i did was placed some light sources underneath the clouds but it required a lot of tweaking.

Dune

The fires are great, but I would certainly change the ground structure, maybe even into burnt/burning grassland.

RichTwo

This is what I like to see TG2 used for - its immense capabilities.  Yes, the uniformly slanted features may be a product of the "twist-and-shear" shader, and you could eschew that IMHO.  But those hardened lava flows and the illuminated clouds are a stroke of brilliance!
They're all wasted!

AP

I have some blackend/burnt scattered bushes in mind. I will render it over night and see how it looks.

AP

Well, here it is. Some burnt bushes here and there. I was going to include grasses that are burnt but it was too much of a fight to get it to look right.

Dune

I would replace the vertical spikes by some (raised) billowed fractal, so that the lava streams (?) are passing through them. The shrub are hardly discernible, so maybe some blackened tree stumps would draw more attention. For blackened grass you could use the internal grass, and give it some black/ash color, blended by a larger scale fractal (passed through transform shader, world position) to give the fractal(s) variation.

I put something together, but haven't got time to render it out. Maybe it's of use.

AP

I was thinking about altering that but i had a cracked series of hills in mind, however i have an idea how to change that. No Lava here, more like strata bends covered in burnt ground. What i envisioned more is a land of fire, soot and ash. More fantasy then anything else. I will indeed have to try your internal grass out and see what i can do with it.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.