Please remind me; how...

Started by TheBadger, November 03, 2012, 05:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi

Can someone please remind me how to limit a fractal by area. I have asked this question before and got an answer, but I cant remember it, and I cant find the post.
I want to limit a color by area in addition to the regular methods. Nearly the same way a population can be limited by a bounding box. But I don't want to use a image map/mask.

I remember thinking that the answer I got last time was simple and effective. Hope I'm remembering right.

TY
It has been eaten.

mhaze

Only thing I can think of is to blend it by a Simple Shape Shader

AP

Exactly, here is a sample to test.

Oshyan

AP

TheBadger

Thanks.
I'll try these and see what works best for what I want. :)

I don't think these are the same answers I got last time I asked.
It's funny... I can remember everything about the last time I asked this. Even sitting in my chair and that it was still light outside. I can remember asking the question and that it was asked as an extension to someone else's post. I even remember that it was Oshyan who responded.
But I cannot remember the answer I was given.  ???
It has been eaten.

Simius Strabus

Distance shader works fine, too.
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

freelancah

SSS, Image Map Shader, Painted shader, distance shader, surface layer for  altitude and slope.. Everything that you can use to create a mask works. Answer depends how specific the question is :P

bla bla 2

Comme dans mon poste, je pense. Il suffit peut-être d'attacher dans le node générator.

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14506.msg144396#msg144396

Oshyan

Quote from: TheBadger on November 04, 2012, 02:54:00 AM
I don't think these are the same answers I got last time I asked.
It's funny... I can remember everything about the last time I asked this. Even sitting in my chair and that it was still light outside. I can remember asking the question and that it was asked as an extension to someone else's post. I even remember that it was Oshyan who responded.
But I cannot remember the answer I was given.  ???

Do you remember the rough time-frame? You could search by either your own posts or mine from a certain time period using the Advanced Search:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=search

- Oshyan

TheBadger

^^ lol, It was for sure at least three years ago, maybe even 4. Thats why its so funny to me that I remember all the details except the ones that matter.

I learned a wile back to book mark threads that interest me. But that one was before I started cataloging info.

I am sure the ideas here will work though, Its just that the link I mentioned was worded in a way that worked for me. I even remember being sure that I would remember it because it made perfect sense. That will teach me; WRITE IT DOWN when you have the chance!

Thanks for the help guys.
It has been eaten.