I for one am glad this crap is over!

Started by matrix2003, November 07, 2012, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrix2003

I apologize to my friends around the planet who frequent here, but geeze that was the worst election cycle ever. So Obama wins, and all the ads stop, and the mud slinging goes away. WOOT! Now what? Back to same old BS. Nothing will get done. Partisan fighting and no desire to cooperate will mire this country for four more years. The Republican model for running this nation is basically to say no to every concept put forth by this administration, therefore expect more of the same. NOT MUCH!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

TheBadger

QuoteNothing will get done. Partisan fighting and no desire to cooperate will mire this country for four more years
It is really hilarious!

A democratic president is re-elected and given NO mandate. And a republican Congress is re-elected and IS given a mandate to oppose the president. So what was the point? I always thought it was stupid to let someone vote simply because they were 18 years old or over. And now I'm sure.

It has been eaten.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: inkydigit on November 07, 2012, 09:41:04 AM
that is 'politics' where ever you are!

Definitely, though you can stratify the "where ever" into countries where it's causing "difficulties"  or "serious problems" because of this.
The latter I would associate with the US if you look at how last 4 years went. Possibly also coming 4 years as Matrix pointed out.

AP

The elite are all the same. Did not matter who won. They are going to continue the warfare state, the welfare state and print endless money as the wage slaves loose more liberty in the coming years. Government is nothing more then men placed in high positions using force and violence to continue there system of control and manipulation. It's time to progress past thinking the state can take care of us and baby us forever. That time is going away and we either work to minimize most Government or allow it to implode and try to take another approach like a stateless voluntary society with a free market.

I suggest you all listen to Murray Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises then try and convince yourself why we need Government to take care of us.

I refuse to vote and participate in a system that is set up to keep the same types of people in office every time. It is a waist of time. Better to watch it crumble like Rome.

matrix2003

Let it burn.  "To occupy oneself with unimportant matters and neglect priorities during a crisis."

At least people in Colorado and Washington state can partake as Rome burns.  ;D

inkydigit

If only it could be as quiet and easy as it is in China! ;)

masonspappy

Quote from: inkydigit on November 08, 2012, 03:13:45 AM

Dunno about that. I knew a Chinese lady who could never possibly say enough bad things about Chairman Mao,  the Chinese aristocracy,  institutionalized corruption ("They all just kiss butt") and especially the "Great Leap Forward".

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: ChrisC on November 07, 2012, 07:01:38 PM
The elite are all the same. Did not matter who won. They are going to continue the warfare state, the welfare state and print endless money as the wage slaves loose more liberty in the coming years. Government is nothing more then men placed in high positions using force and violence to continue there system of control and manipulation. It's time to progress past thinking the state can take care of us and baby us forever. That time is going away and we either work to minimize most Government or allow it to implode and try to take another approach like a stateless voluntary society with a free market.

I suggest you all listen to Murray Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises then try and convince yourself why we need Government to take care of us.

I refuse to vote and participate in a system that is set up to keep the same types of people in office every time. It is a waist of time. Better to watch it crumble like Rome.

Via Oshyan I ran into this link about the above:
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/why_im_voting_green_20121029/

It was an interesting read and especially it started very well with explaining that voting democrat or republican is essentially the same because of similar reasons you pointed out.
However, later they almost exclusively criticise Obama, which didn't make much sense to me if the message was that it doesn't matter what you vote for.

I'm happy to see there's some kind of anti-corporate movement in the US.
Here, in The Netherlands, I can't think of a party which is clearly anti-corporate.

So I'm going to make an unserious attempt here to piss some people off, but mostly to share some experimental thoughts :)

I kinda had it with capitalism and especially how far it is evolved and how far it has corrupted the whole world, basically.

All corporates boards and stock-holders want incremental increases in annual revenues.
Banks(ters) blackmail governments, because the endless money stream may not be interrupted. (if you don't support us, by bailing out, then all of your citizens get in financial trouble and your country will lose it's nice financial rating, thus devaluating your debts making you bankrupt, devaluates your money etc. etc.).
I'm just sick of it how corrupted it all is and that it happens on every level.
Basically we serve as financial slaves to pay for the corporates who want more, more and more money every year.

It's time for some communism people! ;D
One government which defines how much everyone pays for:
school/university
healthcare
gas, electricity, water
or defines that banks shall be split up into private and commercial sections, thus not allowing to use OUR money for their risky business models based on hot air.
or defines how much money is being created by the banks, thus directly controlling currency volume and value.

The latter we had not so very long ago world-wide and the first things we also had here in The Netherlands, not so long ago.

But we gave up these things because we were made to believe, by the corporate movement, that a big government is evil and reduces your freedom.
Ok, you pay a shitload of tax, but everyone gets equal chances for education and good healthcare and you can't be screwed by energy-companies and the like.
A government serving the needs of its citizens, not of the corporations.

Now we are all financial slaves and work for the majority of our lives for our debt and corporate profit. Now, how much freedom is that ;D

It's time for some more communism ;D

inkydigit

Quote from: masonspappy on November 08, 2012, 05:35:35 AM
Quote from: inkydigit on November 08, 2012, 03:13:45 AM

Dunno about that. I knew a Chinese lady who could never possibly say enough bad things about Chairman Mao,  the Chinese aristocracy,  institutionalized corruption ("They all just kiss butt") and especially the "Great Leap Forward".
sorry I was being sarcastic...

inkydigit

Martin...the only true 'anti-corporate party' would be the anarchists!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: inkydigit on November 08, 2012, 06:27:31 AM

Do you think something like that will happen nowadays?
It used to happen centuries ago, where kingdoms and governments were overthrown by unhappy citizens.
Yes we've had Tunisia and Egypt, but still I don't think it compared to how it used to happen ages ago.
Nowadays we're sheep, basically.

I wonder if something like this will happen somewhere in the future. Europeans from all EU countries going into Brussels and putting al those lobbyists and politicians naked on the squares. Throwing rotten tomatoes and rotten eggs ;D

inkydigit

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on November 08, 2012, 06:35:00 AM
Quote from: inkydigit on November 08, 2012, 06:27:31 AM

Do you think something like that will happen nowadays?
It used to happen centuries ago, where kingdoms and governments were overthrown by unhappy citizens.
Yes we've had Tunisia and Egypt, but still I don't think it compared to how it used to happen ages ago.
Nowadays we're sheep, basically.

I wonder if something like this will happen somewhere in the future. Europeans from all EU countries going into Brussels and putting al those lobbyists and politicians naked on the squares. Throwing rotten tomatoes and rotten eggs ;D
No it is difficult to see that the anarchists will ever overthrow much these days, although Greece is not looking too good?
and throwing rotten eggs and tomatoes at politicians sounds like fun, but you would end up in jail, for sure!
We are sheep it is sad , but true... fed and beaten into submission by our corporate funded truncheon wielding police and governments!
song from one of my favourite musicians Roy Harper:
Far across the ocean
In the land of look and see
There once was a time
For you and me

Where the winds blow sweetly
And the easy seas flow still
And where the barefoot dream of life
Can laugh and cry its fill

Where slot machine confusions
And the plastic universe
Are objects of amusement
In the fiction of their curse

And where the crazy white man
And his teargas happiness
Lies dead and long since buried
By his own fantastic mess

For I hate the white man
And his plastic excuse
For I hate the white man
And the man who turned him loose

And the reins of coloured thunder
Of the stallion of the dawn
Ride the coalfire morning
On the beach where all is born

Where the emperor of meaning
Is burning up his fort
And sits to warm his toes
Around a fire made up of useless thoughts

And when the children tempt him
With the riddles of their trance
He flings the flames of solstice
Casting laughs into their dance

And while a crazy white man
In the desert of his bones
Lies as bleached as the paradise
He likes to think he owns

And I hate the white man
In his evergreen excuse
Oh I hate the white man

And far across the reaches
Of the drifting yellow sands
The living carpet wilderness
Forever joins its hands

With heaven's hell's attainment
In a surging crest of fire
Where more than all is thrown upon
The ever lasting pyre

And through the countless canticles
Of Jason's charcoal fleece
Are sung the songs of nothing
In the timeless masterpiece

And there stood in the middle
Guess who?
It's the everlasting bust
Built by god's very own white man
As he tries to rule the dust

And I hate the white man
In his doctrinaire abuse
Oh I hate the white man
And the man who turned you all loose

And the bowels of his city
Have been locked into a safe
Where the spew stains on the sidewalks
Are defenders of his faith

While back inside his kitchen
The bowler hatted, long haired saint
Cleans with soap and water
But it's really just white paint

While his golden headed scandal sheets
Present its daily bite
To give their righteous news-bleeders
Drugs to keep them white

While outside in the whitewash
Where the guns are always, always right
A shooting star has summoned
Its dark angel from his night

And I hate the white man
And his evergreen excuse
Oh I hate the white man
And the man who turned you all loose
:)

matrix2003

QuoteIf only it could be as quiet and easy as it is in China!

It seems that we are all headed that way. The process here is a joke. It matters not who is in office. The Orwellian talk of a shadow government seems to be very real and has probably been around since the early days of the CIA. The systems in place to clamp down on the populace are telling. The path we are on now is obviously not dictated by any one party, or any political ideology. In China they are just blatant about it. Here they just try to conceal it, lately calling it homeland security, the war on terror, or they blame it on extremists like the tea Party or the occupy movement. I joked about weed earlier. But honestly, what is the federal government going to do now? Two states just legalized it. If I were a financial advisor right now I would tell my clients to put their money into crowd control technologies including weed seeking drones, private prisons, and other privatized industry and business's with the intent to treat the electorate as the enemy.

My real fear is that someday we will be like China, and this conversation would not be possible.

Andrew March