TG + World Machine marriage, (a work in progress) Finished

Started by Tangled-Universe, November 11, 2012, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballezballez

Hi,

Thanks for sharing it. I've already test World Machine 2 with Terragen but not like you. I can say that WM is fantastic to create realistic landscapes. But i'm too noob with Terragen to make things like you.

Do you think it is possible to share your Terragen file of it? I've already downloaded your WM file but i can't open it with WM2. I've an error : "This world file can't be fully loaded. Some devices may be missing". What is the problem? I work with WM 2.2 Professional.

Or if you dont want to share your file (thing that i'll understand ;)), can you post a step-by-step of the making of this image (from creation in WM to Terragen)?

Thanks for your work and your beautiful images.

Tangled-Universe

Thank you all so far :)

I made the last adjustments and will render it out. May take some time.

Quote from: ballezballez on November 21, 2012, 04:50:24 PM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing it. I've already test World Machine 2 with Terragen but not like you. I can say that WM is fantastic to create realistic landscapes. But i'm too noob with Terragen to make things like you.

Do you think it is possible to share your Terragen file of it? I've already downloaded your WM file but i can't open it with WM2. I've an error : "This world file can't be fully loaded. Some devices may be missing". What is the problem? I work with WM 2.2 Professional.

Or if you dont want to share your file (thing that i'll understand ;)), can you post a step-by-step of the making of this image (from creation in WM to Terragen)?

Thanks for your work and your beautiful images.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

I'm using World-Machine 2.3 beta 4. So I suppose your version needs to be updated.
If you visit the World Machine forums you should be able to find directions on how to get the latest test version.

I will share this complete scene later, except the objects which I don't own the rights for distribution to.

When, where and how I keep undisclosed for the time being ;)

TheBadger

QuoteWhen, where and how I keep undisclosed for the time being

Please tell me you built your website, and that there will soon be a new TG2 resource site out there!
It has been eaten.

zaxxon

I'm looking forward to seeing how you complete this scene. Thank you for sharing the WM set-up, I was hoping to use WM with T2 at some point and your project certainly is a huge help. The rapids are looking great, definately a motivational exercise in and of itself. A beautiful start!

Tangled-Universe

This is the final output. I think I won't change anymore to the scene.

As you can see I'm experimenting a bit with postwork.

Dune

Interesting stuff, Martin. The rapid simulation works well. My only crit at this moment would be that the color of the rock debris should be a little more like the original rock. Not quite, as the standing rock may be covered in soot, mosses, lichens and algae, whatever, and the fallen rocks must have been chipped, but the color difference is very high in your latest render.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on November 22, 2012, 12:47:10 PM
Interesting stuff, Martin. The rapid simulation works well. My only crit at this moment would be that the color of the rock debris should be a little more like the original rock. Not quite, as the standing rock may be covered in soot, mosses, lichens and algae, whatever, and the fallen rocks must have been chipped, but the color difference is very high in your latest render.

Thanks Ulco. Actually I noticed that too and fixed it before sending it off to the farm for a high resolution render (3200px wide).
Hopefully that will make the postwork a bit easier too.

Dune

Good! Nice big render, huh? Great. What about the other one you started recently? Have you finished it?

Kadri

Martin i like the last one very much too , but the contrast looks a little too much to me.
The shadows are very dark. I can not see the rock structures.
Did you looked at it on other monitors? 

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on November 22, 2012, 12:51:12 PM
Good! Nice big render, huh? Great. What about the other one you started recently? Have you finished it?

Yeah, let's see how long it takes. Perhaps I can also isolate some nice crops from it.

Quote from: Kadri on November 22, 2012, 02:02:45 PM

Martin i like the last one very much too , but the contrast looks a little too much to me.
The shadows are very dark. I can not see the rock structures.
Did you looked at it on other monitors? 

Thanks man and yes I know...I overdid it a bit (too much). I may ask Frank to have a look at my EXR output if he likes. He's usually better than me with this. Basically anybody is :) lol

mhaze

Hi Martin

Been playing with this and managed to make sense of it all eventually! Did manage to get my brain totally confused masking out colours that didn't exist!  How did you apply the thermal erosion mask? lateral displacement?

Mick

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mhaze on November 24, 2012, 05:11:03 AM
Hi Martin

Been playing with this and managed to make sense of it all eventually! Did manage to get my brain totally confused masking out colours that didn't exist!  How did you apply the thermal erosion mask? lateral displacement?

Mick

Glad you could make sense of it. What did you find the hardest? Might be useful to know for me for future documentation plans on this, see.

I didn't use those masks eventually. In this image I think I only used the erosion flow mask eventually. Either as positive or negative mask, so to say.

mhaze

Hi Martin

Biggest problem was using the info from the erosion flow mask having used colour to scalar blue nodes.  It turned out to be simple! I had the mindset that it was going to be hard and overcomplicated things!

Mick