Heart

Started by TheBadger, November 12, 2012, 02:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Absolutely the best short (independent) animated movie I have seen.
http://vimeo.com/52369262

Runs 8m36s

BAD ASS!
It has been eaten.

Andrew March

AP

Anything intelligent to say for an opinion?  :P

Andrew March

Nope, I got more enjoyment from watching my dog take a dump this morning.

Monochromatic, overstylised bullshit.

Tangled-Universe

I have to agree with Andrew on this one. It's pretentious, over-artsy/stylised and over-rated. It's just nice, nothing special.

Kadri

This is not my favored style of movies too probably .
But guys...especially Andrew...please have a little heart!

TheBadger

Fair enough guys.

But I challenge everyone reading this with such strong views as andrew to make something better.

Make a film or video that tells a complete self contained story in 10 min or less, having both an original idea, and a style that distinguishes the work from nearly anyone else's. Do it in one semester (14 weeks) Write, produce, animate, post, and edit it by your self. And then direct and implement an original score.
And when your done put it up in public to be scrutinized by andrew march.

We can compare the two shorts and see which one shows which artist demonstrates the better understanding of story- telling and film making in all of their facets.

No? Ok, I didn't think so.

It has been eaten.

Seth

I understand your point, TheBadger, but doing something doesn't means doing something good.
For example, I am not able to do a movie like Total Recall the Remake, but that doesn't mean it is a good movie :)

And I guess Andrew's answer is a mirror of your "Absolutely the best short (independent) animated movie I have seen [...] BAD ASS".
Either you have strange taste, or you didn't watch a lot of independant short movies to find that one as the best one.

Like Callahan said "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one" ;)

TheBadger

lol. OK, I'll concede that it was an over statement.
But I would be very proud of my self if I had made it.

Where you bin Seth, what you got cooking?
It has been eaten.