Nvidia OpenGL Error Code 3

Started by Mandrake, December 01, 2012, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrake

I'm new to the upper end card, and the problems that accompany them
I was doing an export/weight test on this model when I encountered the problem.

I've found the solution to the problem, I believe. I did some searching here and the threads don't address a solution.
I believe this guy has the solution. And so far it's working for me so I thought I'd share it with you.
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4752911

Oshyan

If that solves your problem, it sounds like more of an overall heat issue than anything. What is the specific card? Can you check the GPU (and CPU) temperatures? Do you have adequate cooling? Newer, higher performing cards tend to use more power and thus create more heat, so even if you had an old card in there that worked fine with the cooling you had, you may have to upgrade e.g. case fans and other cooling with a new card.

- Oshyan

Mandrake

Oshyan

How can you be sure? Pretty much the *only* thing that lowering clock speed does is reduce heat generation. There's not much other sensible reason that it would fix anything.

- Oshyan

Mandrake

Seem the gamers have had this figured out for a while and there solution is to tweak the voltage up but knowing that TG2 only uses OpenGL for the display it's seems better to me to drop the GPU and MHz, only takes a second to switch it back.

8 fans coolermaster case h100i cpu cooler

Oshyan

So you're having to reduce from the stock, factory clock speed? That sounds like a returnable issue to me. Voltage increase could solve, yes, just as with CPU overclocking, but the important part is your GPU should run at factory default settings correctly. If not, it seems like a potential indicator of future problems (i.e. problematic/flaky/out of spec hardware).'

Glad you got it resolved at least though.

- Oshyan

Mandrake

You should read the link, the high end card come border line overclocked as it is.
4 hours 31 min, into a render and it's just about to finish and I snapped this.