I wish TG2 could do this:

Started by Tangled-Universe, December 21, 2012, 09:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

I am no master of this at all.
But I found I could only have a little success trying to get the same displacement that is easily applied to a large spire, on a small one.
Here is the displacements from the tower tut applied to a much more real scale spire. As you can see it works, but not as nicely as the giant monolith.

[attach=1]

So I am following this thread with great hope. I have a lot of ideas a solution would help me produce.
It has been eaten.

mhaze

My final effort, couldn't get low angle godrays to work

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

masonspappy

You pulled this off quite nicely!

TheBadger

Looks good. But how tall are those towers in TG space?
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

can someone tell me how to replace the Crater node's circle shape with a square shape?
It has been eaten.

Dune

You can't. But aren't square craters not a bit too modern? You can always make one using simple shapes, that's not hard at all.

mhaze

Hi Badger, they are between two and three hundred feet.  I'll post the tgd sometime later today.  BTW Dune stacking the simple shapes causes some interesting interactions between them.

Dune

Yes, but unchecking the black color also influences things!

TheBadger

Quote from: Dune on January 04, 2013, 03:41:58 AM
You can't. But aren't square craters not a bit too modern? You can always make one using simple shapes, that's not hard at all.

Thats to bad. I thought that you could get better shapes in the spire/towers by starting with a square rather than a circle shape. But yes I figured you could use a shape shader, but I liked the idea of having all of the crater nodes controls right there.

Ha ha, your joke gave me a funny idea, Ulco. Probably everyone reading this had the same idea. But maybe someone will do it.

@mhaze
Cool
It has been eaten.