Forest Way

Started by Zairyn Arsyn, January 02, 2013, 10:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zairyn Arsyn

Something i started rendering over the holidays, then i stopped being creative for a while since it was the holidays and i haven't been back to work until today ;)

again this is based off the Wisp renders just with altered terrain and lighting, etc, etc.

added some postwork with LW3D's Virtual Darkroom.

objects used
HQ Pine trees (3) 27m, 25m, 22m Walli/NWDA
Wild Grass (2) Walli/NWDA
Dogrose bush Walli/NWDA
weeds from Weed pack (3) Walli/NWDA

Detail 0.75
AA7
RTO
RTA
3/2 GI
1hr 59mins 05s
4,129,238mt

comments & critiques welcome

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Simius Strabus

Good looking render! Looks like a painting in a way. Really like the way the light comes through the leafs.
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Mor

Great lighting. I agree that this looks like a painting.

Walli

very nice, I really like the light and mood

zaxxon

Really nice lighting. How much was due to post vs. T2 light setup? It certainly sets the trees off very nicely.

Zairyn Arsyn

personally i feel it doesnt look all that painting like. but thats just me.

Quote from: zaxxon on January 02, 2013, 01:04:59 PM
Really nice lighting. How much was due to post vs. T2 light setup? It certainly sets the trees off very nicely.

this postwork, or post-processing, is not just for lighting, actually usually the lighting results i get with TG are normally fine for me.
Virtual Darkroom gives images grainy, photographic film like look, offering presets that simulate the look of different photographic film types with params. that can be changed, while also changing the lighting some as well as changing the RGB color sensitivity. 

i dont use virtual darkroom that much, compared to all the rendered i have made with terragen.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Jo Kariboo

Beautifull !!!  I like this one very much.  :)
for me, it's nearer to a photo than of a painting.

masonspappy

I also think it's much nearer to being a photo.   All-in-all, very nicely done.

otakar

Very nice! Great camera placement and I agree about the lighting of course. The flowers are a great idea.

mhaze