Hyrule Summer

Started by ares2101, January 26, 2013, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ares2101

http://aresjohnson.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5srx6f

Inspired by The Legend of Zelda games, with thanks to everyone who responded in the recent Donut Cloud thread, not to mention all the great Walli and xfrog plants, the dirt pack and hero rocks.

masonspappy

I like the render, but on the bottom right the camera is too close to the plants. the 'right angle' geometry of the grass heads is plainly visible.

inkydigit

I agree with mp, also the two trees to the left mid ground are in the same orientation!.... maybe drop the sun a little and move it a little more anti clockwise too?
apart from that looks like a good basis for a scene!
:)

ares2101

Critiques have been taken into account for a second version, which I hope will be rendered in the next day or two.  I also really cranked up the anti-aliasing, so it'll likely take a lot longer.

ares2101

New version made.  Problem tree population repopulated, camera shifted to avoid weird geometry of grass, and just for the hell of it, massively upped the anti-aliasing.

dandelO

There's a gold skulltula behind that rock at night time. ;D

masonspappy

It is coming along well. Very definate improvement!

Dune

Yes, but the mountains in the distance need more colors, they're very drab. And I would say the same for the 'muddy' gravel of the path. You might add some small fake stones in a lighter color.