Mists of Avalon

Started by cyphyr, January 31, 2013, 12:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Digital Elevation Map of my local area free from the OS (res is not that great)
Trees from Xfrog
Boat (completely out of place/time but hey ::) ) from Jed at CGShare.com

This is pretty much what the area would have looked like 2500 years ago

C&C welcome.

Cheers

Richard

ps several more in the pipe line :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Gannaingh

Awesome! I really love the way the light steaming through the clouds lights of the plants. Too bad about the grain in the rays. besides that the image is pretty much a photograph. I'm looking forward to the images coming through the pipeline  :)

Kadri

Great lighting and nice image Richard!

yossam

Oshyan

Beautiful. The sky is particularly exceptional, a very effective use of "godrays".

- Oshyan

Dune

Really nice, Richard. Like it a lot.

mhaze

WOW! I like the lighting, the mood and the concept, excellent work.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

FrankB

Hey Richard, good one here!
One little, tip, although that might be subjective: the underside of the clouds are too sharp and billowry. If you'd use 1/3rd base softness, I bet it will look more realistic.
Lastly, I would reduce the amount of blue on the clouds. It's a tad too much.

Now, that's just two little things, besides which that's a great render!

Cheers,
Frank

ajcgi

I really like this. That godray stuff is a pain to get right. The mist sets things off nicely.

schmeerlap

Wonderful fenland scene. Agree about the excessive blueness on the underside of the clouds.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

otakar

That's a very well done render. How about adding a bit of life (birds I guess)? A place like this must be teeming with birds.

Oshyan

I actually like the sharpness on the underside of the clouds in this case. You do see clouds like this sometimes, in fact they're a little reminiscent of mammatus.

- Oshyan

masonspappy

cyphyr

Thanks for the positive feed back guys :)

I'm really enjoying playing with the data from here:

OS Open Data

They do a full free 50m DEM of the British Isles. (About half way down the page). So it's easy to check out your own area. The res isn't as high as I'd like and It might be nice to try to sculpt some finer detail in there.
This is my local area, Glastonbury Somerset UK, close to where I live as I like to think I may have looked a couple of thousand years ago. The area is steeped in myth and legend so maybe I'll some more inspiration there. :)
I'm not going for anything specific with the clouds other that to suggest some drama and of course getting the God Rays to hit interesting stuff. In other renders I may add some signs of life, human occupation etc.

Cheers

Richard

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)