Where to find?

Started by TheBadger, March 03, 2013, 03:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

Was hoping you guys might know the name of a real place that I can google, of a desert where (from some part of it) you can see a lush green environment. So like the sahara with a view of some jungle. Or a rocky dry desert with a view of a lush forest.
Ideally of a place where the transition form desert to forest/jungle is a very sharp/immediate change, little or no buffer space between the two. Maybe one is in the hills and one in a plateau or valley?

cheers.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Try Namibia river or something, there are some nice transitions there maybe. And how about this for a challenge, nice huge boulders: http://valvs.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/img_7639.jpg

TheBadger

Ulco
The colors in the reference link you posted are nearly exactly what I had in my mind. But the color dropper in my software does not yet work on my brain. So thanks for the link. I will be using that pallet.

Oshyan
Thanks man, there is some stuff in there that is working for me. I think I will place my point of view just at the edge of a low desert looking forward to a high desert forest, and bace the transition from the one to the other on some of the images your images lead me to, roughly.
It has been eaten.