Torro Lake

Started by Alexn007, March 06, 2013, 04:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

What do you mean by 'wrap the light around the edges'? If you want to tone the mountains down, make them less obvious, you could add some local thin mist/cloud to that area, maybe even light it up internally.

ajcgi

Quote from: Alexn007 on March 08, 2013, 11:20:17 PM
This is a version without the blur/dof.  I think what I disliked about this was the hard edges along the distant mountains.  I think the right look would have been to wrap the light over the edges, but I didn't set it up with mattes so I could put together in comp.  Learning a lot about terragen, and you guys have been a great help...  Thanks so much.

I know what you mean by light wrap, though in this instance I doubt you would really need much as it's looking quite soft back there anyway.

@Dune, light wrap is a method of faking ambient light bounce and is normally used with multiple layers or when a greenscreen subject is sitting in a new environment. It blurs a copy of the background softly over the edges of the foreground. It is a genuine optical effect that occurs with soft lighting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_light

pclavett

I love this render and this is amazingly good work ! Lovely colours and mood !
Paul

Alexn007

@AJCGI,
You got it.  Just enough to seat the image into the scene and not look as if there is a distinct separation line ( try to keep it very subtle).

Alexn007

Thanks pclavett, really appreciate that!

Dune

Thanks, ajcgi. Good to know that.