Would this be possible? (updated)

Started by Citrus, March 11, 2013, 03:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citrus

EDIT:
I've followed a couple of tutorials, and have managed to create some basic landscapes, but so far, I haven't seen a method that could help me build my mountain tower. Could anyone perhaps point me in the right direction, or help me out a bit? Thanks in advance!  :D

Hi everyone!

I'm creating a fantasy world, and I'm looking into various ways of visualising it. From what I've seen, Terragen looks great, but I've got a couple of designs that I'm unsure about.

Beneath, I've attached a picture that hopefully will convey my question. So before I decide to learn using the program, is it possible to model terrain in that way? (a rectangular pillar of stone mountain with a rough forrest covered top).

FrankB

Yes, that would be rather simple to do.

Cheers
Frank

Citrus

Quote from: FrankB on March 11, 2013, 04:08:15 AM
Yes, that would be rather simple to do.

Cheers
Frank
Great, tanks! I'll start learning how to use it then.

Citrus

Would it work if I treated it as a cliff?

Dune

Here you have a quick basic setup. Experiment and read the forum, use the search button, there's plenty of info here. Good luck!

Citrus

Quote from: Dune on March 12, 2013, 01:29:15 PM
Here you have a quick basic setup. Experiment and read the forum, use the search button, there's plenty of info here. Good luck!
Wow, thanks a lot! Learned a great deal just by looking at those settings; now I know what does what.

FrankB