Differences between preview and render

Started by AndyWelder, March 29, 2013, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

Have no clue what's causing this: Is it a bug or something in the settings?
As you can see on the attached image the distribution of the trees in the preview differs a lot from the one in the render. Anyone any clue as to what might be the cause of this?
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

N810

Might be the camera cliping setings are different from preview?
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

AndyWelder

??? I don't get what you're saying... Where can I find those parameters?

Tangled-Universe

Click in the 3D preview so it's "activated" and then use the bracket keys ( the [ and ] keys) to adjust the clipping of the camera.

choronr

Maybe you forgot to click 'set camera' before rendering? I have done this many times and sit there puzzled until it dawns on me.

Dune

By the way, what tree is that, Andy? It's beautiful.

AndyWelder

@ N810 and TU: Changing those parameters had some effect but still I couldn't make the preview match the rendered view or vice versa.
Grin @ Bob, I've been there too I have to admit but this time that is not the case.
And Ulco: Thank you for the compliment on the tree; it's one of my own creations. And before anyone asks: No, I can't share this one, that would be a violation of the EULA.

Dune

Oshyan

That's quite odd. But I can't help but think it's still related to the clipping plane distance; that's certainly what it looks like on close examination of the images you provided. You can see the models further in the distance are also present in the final image, it's only the closer models that aren't showing up in the 3D preview. Could be a graphics card/driver issue too.

- Oshyan