Masonspappy's Roadside WIP

Started by masonspappy, March 31, 2013, 12:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Still more to do but I think the hardest items are done. All objects except the truck built by me in Blender. The truck comes from thefree3dmodels.com, but I rebuilt much of it in Blender with my own stuff. Still needs some vegetation, a decent sky and a few supporting details. Would really appreciate any suggestions you care to give.
- Masonspappy

otakar

A few comments. Where are the bridge supports? It seems to float (near left is where I would expect a massive concrete block). The bridge structure seems rather flat, maybe of a bit of specularity (and displacement) would not hurt. Same on the guard rail (looks too smooth to me). Nice camera placement and interesting setup - again something different from the rest. Not sure what quality this has been rendered at, but the plants seem to lack detail. Perhaps a boat on the water would help to enliven the scene a bit, just an idea. 8)

Dune

Nice idea and a very good start. I have some remarks as well:
1. front wheels are floating
2. More dirt on road and not just one neat hole, at least one behind the truck to explain the stuff coming off. But I would add some more cracks and holes.
3. Indeed, some concrete pillars, the bridge seems quite short, but the land on the other side very far away.
4. More variation in trees/shrub
5. I don't know about the steel texture... too dirty? Try making it galvanized with some dirt here and there.

TheBadger

Missed this one.

Its a good set up, Pappy. I hope your still developing!?
It has been eaten.

masonspappy

hey Thebadger,
I was developing this until the begining of this week when I was hospitlized with a heart attack (!).  I get out of the hospital Friday and will probably develop it as best I can and submit what I've got. Put too much work into it just to let it fall by the wayside.
- Cam

yossam

I hope you get better soon.............. ;)

inkydigit

hey Cam, that is serious... hope you are feeling better soon!
this is a great little set up!
all the best,
Jason
:)

Oshyan

Wow, very sorry to hear that! I hope you mend quickly and thoroughly.

- Oshyan

Lady of the Lake

Sorry to hear about your illness......get better soon.

Zairyn Arsyn

thats sad to hear, that unfortunate that happened.

take it easy and get better. :)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Dune

So sorry something as unfortunate happened to you, Cam. Hope you recover well! Take care.

mhaze

really sorry to hear that. Get better soon and don't work too hard.

masonspappy

All, thanks for your comments - really appreciate them.
Got discharged from the hospital Friday afternoon and I'll be moving slower for awhile (and eating less, exercising more and drinking nothing alcoholic).  Only had a limited amount of time to work on my entry this weekend, so I made what changes I could.  There are a *lot* of things I would like to do with this image, but this is as far as it goes.
I appreciate the comments I got after the first image posting and tried to work them into this. Thanks  everyone, and good luck to all.
- Cam 

yossam

chris_x422

Well done Cam!

Hope everything goes well with your recovery.

Best of luck mate.

Chris