Fall path

Started by cramgfx, April 05, 2013, 06:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramgfx

Here's my entry to the roadside contest. well, I know it's not a road but I think (and i hope) I'm not so far from the subject.

Dune

Very nice entry. Well filled with veggies, and the leaves on the track and fence are great. If you want my opinion; I'd replace the front tree (right) with a better quality, and also give it less light. With the light sky behind it, it would be a lot darker and 'over-glared'. If you don't want my opinion, just leave it as is. Good luck!

Tangled-Universe

Looks great! Nice atmo, good colours and an interesting scene.
I agree with Ulco about the tree and its lighting.
In the end it's all in the details of course ;)

Another suggestion I'd like to make is to make the grasses in the centre of the track smaller.

Cheers,
Martin

mhaze

Nice theme, well populated but i'm not too keen on the birds.

Zairyn Arsyn

looks great so far.
i like the fall leaves

looks like your using IvyGen if i'm not mistaken
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

gregsandor

What do you mean, "it's not a road"?  Looks like one to me.

Oshyan

Woah, from out of nowhere with a really nice and "far along" (well developed) image! Great to see this. I agree with the others, slightly less flat/even lighting would be good. But the biggest issue (probably the only one that *really* matters to my mind) is that foreground tree on the right. It is really just too evenly lit, flat-looking, and low-poly. It almost looks as if the bark texture is luminous, in fact, and if that's true simply correcting it might fix most of the issue. Using a higher-poly model would be ideal, but if the shading is corrected, it will be much less of a noticeable issue.

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Its real nice! Agree with whats already been said.
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

looking really good, as mentioned above...well done!
:)

TheBadger

In the left foreground. What is that green tall grass? What model???
It has been eaten.

cramgfx

Thank you all for your great comments!

The Badger : on the left foreground, it's an xfrog grass model. I just can't remember wich one I've used but it come with the grasses bundle.