www.nwdanet.com closed

Started by FrankB, April 12, 2013, 02:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi all,

nwdanet.com has been shut down, due to the server being hacked and misused. It is with great regret, that we have to inform you that the NWDA services will not be available for some time, as we will have to rebuild everything from scratch. This is a lot if work, and will probably take several weeks - not only because rebuilding the shop will take long, but also because we will take the opportunity to look for a less vulnurable, hosted solution.

1) The contest gallery will be hosted somewhere else. We will announce that soon.
2) The outstanding points from the Community Store will be payed out within the next few weeks

We are really sorry that we're unable to continue to provide our services at the moment.

Best regards
Frank

Oshyan

Very sad to hear this Frank. Hopefully you have some backups, or your host does. If you're looking for a new host, I can definitely recommend Unixy.net. They are a little pricy, but very fast and *excellent* support, fully managed hosting, free off-server backups, "Geek Armor" server hardening, and they have a "no hack guarantee": http://www.unixy.net/secure/knowledgebase/71/No-Hack-Guarantee-Whats-this-about.html They'll help with most anything, it's pretty awesome. I have good experience with two separate servers and different environments (in both cases on dedicated servers, but I'm sure their more affordable VPS options are similar).

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

That just really sucks, nothing else to say about it.

I recieved an e-mail yesterday from my hosting company and they told me there's a wide-spread attack going on on many website hosters in The Netherlands and Germany. Main targets are WordPress and Joomla websites. They use brute force admin attacks to hack websites.
Seems they've managed to crack yours Frank, fuck damn :( (and them)

DannyG

That does suck, hope you get up and running soon guys
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

FrankB

Thanks for the sympathy, guys! Much appreciated and motivating to go on.

@Oshyan: this hoster sounds great! I'll look into them.

Dune

That's not very pleasant news, Frank, and I express myself extremely mildly. I hope they catch these guys, terrible nuisance and cheap pleasure or whatever reason these fucko's have.

otakar

What a downer! Hope you can get it back up soon. I hope no user data got stolen, please give us a warning should that be the case.

TheBadger

There are to many shitty people out there.

Frank, was the attack against you and NWDA specifically? Or against the host company you use?

These things are only going to get worse Im afraid. And now that internet bill in the US congress we were all against is returning. SO I guess our choice is between no protection and no privacy.  Fun!

I wonder if these attacks are coming from the far East or Russia, or homegrown assholes?
It has been eaten.

FrankB

Quote from: otakar on April 12, 2013, 01:44:57 PM
What a downer! Hope you can get it back up soon. I hope no user data got stolen, please give us a warning should that be the case.

No, I can say that the hacker was only interested in getting control over the server to hijack it to participate in a DOS attack against another target.

Regards
Frank

jaf

That's sad.  I've purchased several products there lately and have been very happy with the product and service.  Looking forward to your online presence soon!
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

chris_x422

That really sucks, sorry to hear that Frank, hope it doesn't take too long to get back up and running.

Good news that the user data wasn't compromised too, one bright side at least.

Best of luck

Chris

mhaze

Really Sorry to hear this - hope you are back up soon, some of us rely on your products :)

inkydigit

Frank, that is bad news, I hope you are back up and running soon...
Jason
:)

choronr

Frank, very sorry to hear this. If there is anything that any of us can do to help, please let us know.

FrankB

Thank you all for your understanding and support!  :)