Request for a node tree for animating clouds

Started by TheBadger, May 09, 2013, 12:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

Would someone mind making an animation node tree (clip file) for clouds available in file sharing?

What Im looking for is a simple animation to add to my clouds. Something light and smooth. Where the clouds are moving slowish and naturally. Something I can either plug into my clouds or copy settings from.

I realize that different clouds move differently, in different situations. However, Im looking for a good base with good results to build from.
FrankB has some overcast skies pack for free out there. That would be a great example to animate for someone who is good with animating clouds. Just a suggestion.

As for me. I only seem to be able to run as fast as the man in front of me. So a good leader on this would help! Anyway, I know everyone is pretty busy these days, but if anyone has a bit of time to spare...

I just find that animation where there are clouds in the shot, need to have clouds that are moving to be really believable, in most renders.

Thanks
It has been eaten.

cyphyr

It really is not worth the effort!
just plug the Cloud fractal into a transform shader and that into your cloud shader. Make sure the distances used in the transform shader are relevant to your scene and your done. Horrizontal (x and z) move the cloud laterally and an offset in y changes the cloud shape over time.

Oh all right then here is a clip ;)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

Thanks Richard. I'll see if I can make this work for me.
It has been eaten.