Front page updates!?!

Started by Andrew March, May 16, 2013, 07:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew March

Would it please be possible for someone to spend some time updating the resource section on the front page, many of the links no longer work, the most prominent being NWDA.

jaf

(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Andrew March

Yes jaf, I know they are closed but the front page still has links to them and many now non existent resources and an update of the available resources would be beneficial not only to the forum user but especially to those who do not visit the forums.

Andrew March

jaf

Quote from: Andrew March on May 16, 2013, 04:37:18 PM
Yes jaf, I know they are closed but the front page still has links to them and many now non existent resources and an update of the available resources would be beneficial not only to the forum user but especially to those who do not visit the forums.

I suspect they (PS) may have thought NWDA would be a short term problem.  I think Oshyan is on a holiday or something like that.  But it would be important to clean that up because a lot of new potential users judge the value of a product by the website and forum activity.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Matt

Hi Andrew,

We'll clean it up. Thanks for the reminder.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Andrew March

Cheers Matt, just a bit frustrated I guess at clicking links that don't exist anymore. There's probably also a tonne of new ones now as well.

Oshyan

We'll be moving this content into the wiki soon and hopefully the community can help keep it up-to-date. But we'll do our best to keep a good baseline, of course.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Moved! And all links should be working now. If not, you can edit and fix them.
http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Terragen_Resource_List

- Oshyan