PRISM

Started by TheBadger, June 07, 2013, 03:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

https://optin.stopwatching.us

Also...

I have been thinking on this too much. What if the prosecution of the leakers is only for the purpose of giving cover to the president, who in fact is the one leaking the truth on the security state?
No, what am I saying? THere is no indication whatsoever that Obama has such courage or devotion to the promises he made as a candidate. How silly of me. Would make a great plot for a spy novel though.
It has been eaten.

cyphyr

Hehe, too true:)

I thought most of Obama's so called broken promises were because the Congress voted against him. Sure it's his job to try to convince them otherwise but nonetheless ...
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

AP

As far as solutions go, stop voting for one as that only keeps the fools in power. Voting is basically saying... Yes, we still need you Mr. Government to look after us lowly folk. Try and live a life that is less dependent upon Government. Try and or do support more localized services. Grow a garden with non-gmo seeds. Stop supporting War. Home School your Kids. Try to do alternative currencies. Own some Firearms as you have a natural right to protect life. This may seem like doomsday non-sense but is it? At least some of us can go more Minarchist. Steps toward Full Voluntarism. True, there will still be those who want power but i see the internet spreading the knowledge fast and easy, more will wake up and think about what is going on behind those curtains. Government will be held more accountable and can not hide like it used to. Things will change, may take decades perhaps but humans want to be free. It's in our hearts. Every one of us practice Anarchy daily in a free association of making choices without the use of force.

TheBadger

Going into Syria now. Im sure the remarkable timing is just coincidence (coward-in-ci-dence). I mean its only in the last few days that people there started dying by strange causes, right? I think its a mass epidemic of spontaneous human combustion or something. Not real sure since we are only first learning of problems in the middle east this week

So Im sure anyone who would suggest that syria is about to be used as a huge distraction is just a paranoid crazy person.

@ChrisC
I'm pretty sure the problem is not voting. A large portion of Americans do not vote. And an even larger portion are unfit to vote. People need to vote, and need to vote smartly. The reason I don't believe in democracy so much anymore is because people don't vote, or vote stupidly. Not voting hardly sounds like it will do anything but make it a cake walk for crazy people to win everything.

Im glad for one thing in all of this. And thats, that everyone on the left sees now that their candidates are no better than the right's. Now maybe we can all stop the bullshit and start running candidates with souls... Instead of all these gosh darn ghouls! *and that includes Mccain and whats his face... Man, he was so unimpressive I can't even remember his name right now.*(edit)

The people against the leaker are basically saying that he is a trader. That he working with or for China. If thats true than we have to go get him.
But even if it is true, that does not mean that what he leaked is untrue. I really hope that even if it turns out the whistle blower is a trader, that we do not forget that so also is our government.
It has been eaten.

masonspappy

Quote from: TheBadger on June 13, 2013, 08:26:08 PM

But even if it is true, that does not mean that what he leaked is untrue.

Seriously, as bad as it sounds, it's quite likely even worse than you think.

TheBadger

Which part do you mean, Cam? Or do you mean the whole thing in all details of its messed up glory?
It has been eaten.

AP

The fact that we are even mucking about in Syria is just more imperialistic non-sense. After all, the state profits off of war and taxes pay of it.

True and less and less people are voting because they are starting to wake up and know that both major parties are more alike then not. There is nothing smart about voting, even a guy like Ron Paul would have never had a chance as there is too much corruption from within. The game is up and voting will only continue the corruption. The State needs to be rebelled against and fade away. However by not voting is a tiny part of it but need we encourage the health of the State by voting as they continue to rob us as daily wage slaves and paying for more wars.

Most of those officials are already crazy, they try the same thing over and over again and expect a different outcome, definition of insanity. The ''only thing'' that changes is the Government grows bigger and bigger.

TheBadger

I feel like you do Chris. I share all of your anger and sadness.  But now is most certainly not the time to revel in our troubles. We must fight, and that means vote.

The constitution is a two way street.

If the government is corrupt, it is our responsibility, by law. Since the only way a government can come to power or be thrown out legally, is by voting.

A revolt that was not first proceeded by the legal steps provided by the constitution; like a series of votes, followed by law suits, followed by the just or unjust judgment of the courts, and then the supreme court, would its self be immoral and illegal

Any attempt to do something outside of the legal frame work provided by the constitution, would fail. And that frame work begins and ends with voting. No action can be considered valid without first voting. And the thing about it is, if we would all just vote for the republic rather than our selves, than no further action would ever be necessary.

Every bad thing the government has done to us, we really did to our selves. Cant escape that fact.

As for syria. I think they need help. And its within our power to help. But Saddam killed way more iraqis than we did, and yet the only numbers counted are those that hurt America. If we go to help we will get pissed on for it. Besides, who the hell would we be helping? I cant tell, can you?
It has been eaten.

cyphyr

If voting made any difference they would make it illegal ...

An oldie but true nonetheless

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxsQ7jJJcEA
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Tangled-Universe

All I can say is that I infinitely agree with the people who question democracy in its current state.
It's completely disfuctional and is only meant to give us a false sense of being important or that we have some form of power.

The only kind of signal you can give is either not show up or make a blank vote.
The way I see it:
not voting = I don't believe in this system
blank voting = I don't believe in any of you on the list

masonspappy

"If we go to help we will get pissed on for it. "

We already get pissed on no matter what we do.  So if we're gonna get pissed on then I want something to show for it.

N810

Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

TheBadger

I suport adding a "none of the above/NO confidence" choice on every ballot. I think its good idea. And valid because it can be counted.
Perhaps if the candidates cannot reach 50percent between the two, than by law both must withdrawal. And new candidates must be selected? It could work with some effort.
put the question up, i'll vote for it. ;)

Not voting is stupid though. How are we supposed to know what you think, feel, and believe? Most people who do not vote are not doing so out of protest. Their not voting cause they don't give a shit: polling bears that out every term.

If after voting the government dose not conform. And then we go through the court process. Then we can revolt.
Really no idea why revolution sounds so good to people though? Its going to be a bloody mess. I sure as hell don't want it to happen.

I think the fastest way to do things is a nation wide tax strike. This would be painful too, but not as much as being shot.
Starve the beast!
It has been eaten.

Tangled-Universe

A tax strike? Is that possible in the USA? Do you *actively* pay your taxes?

Because here in Europe, in The Netherlands at least, we pay our taxes completely automatic.
I earn X euros/month and pay Y euros of taxes (around 40-50%). At the end of each month my employer transfers X - Y to my bank account.
At the end of each fiscal year the tax man sees if we paid enough or not.

Such a thing is impossible here.

cyphyr

Not if you're self employed ...
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\