Will there be an "easy" version of Terragen 2?

Started by Kamigawa, June 02, 2007, 05:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamigawa

Well, i'm  A TOTAL NOOB :(
Will there be an easier version of Terragen 2?
A noob friendly version?

And yeah, i have already tried reading the guides and such...

Will

Well its planned to have a more user friendly GUI for the final release, currently the tech preview is pretty much meant for those who have previous experience with node networks.

though you could ask people to post clip files and maybe that would give you some nice presets.

Regards,
Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

BPauba

There will be a more user friendly version as Will has stated, but with alot of tinkering you really can get interesting images out of tg2 tech preview. I know alot of people on the forum really have not had much experience with node interfaces (including myself) and we are still having a blast with it. I recommend to just keep on messing around with stuff, it does not matter if you can make a finished scene, you will be learning quite a bit by just tinkering with nodes and variables :D.

Will

and don't be afraid to ask about any things you don't know about, we are a communityand so we help each other.

Regards,

Will

rcallicotte

Will we lose the node network when the new interface is created?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

BPauba

Quote from: calico on June 02, 2007, 04:39:00 PM
Will we lose the node network when the new interface is created?

I hope not :(. I am guessing that they will have ways of pulling up the whole node network with a simple button...

Will

For the time being though messing around just to see what the effects are is a good idea, also if you are having a really hard time I suggest getting some .tdg files that are scattered around the forums and then just base you stuff around those (while giving credit of course).

Regards,

Will

l.a. akira

personally I hope matt keeps the node network the way it is as makes the flow easy to understand.

Oshyan

We do not plan to create a separate version or separate user interface that is simplified or focused on ease of use. Instead we will be improving the current user interface to allow smoother, easier, more intuitive manipulation of the scene while maintaining the power and flexibility that already exists. Whether those changes and improvements will be enough to make TG2 easy for you to use really remains to be seen. I suggest you experiment with the current version if you can, but most importantly you should give the final version a try when it's available.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

...which means we get to keep the node structure.  Right?   ;D

Oshyan

rcallicotte

Will

Call I can picture right now is those two paper doll style guys from the beer commercial.

regards,

Will

rcallicotte

LOL

Quote from: Will on June 04, 2007, 04:40:40 PM
Call I can picture right now is those two paper doll style guys from the beer commercial.

regards,

Will