Terragen 3 examples (If you got some please feel free to post your example here)

Started by cyphyr, June 15, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

The GI is 3/2 and there is no GI surface details ;)
I don't have the TG2 version anymore but it was far less detailed in the shadows area :)
There are three suns in here, one red and two white.
there is no atmosphere and the clouds are far better on the TG3 version than on the TG2's, and they get rendered at least 30% faster.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Seth on June 18, 2013, 12:10:52 PM
The GI is 3/2 and there is no GI surface details ;)
I don't have the TG2 version anymore but it was far less detailed in the shadows area :)

This doesn't make sense Franck as the result should be the same.
The GI itself hasn't changed between TG2 and TG3.

I know we can't discuss it in all detail here yet, so if you like we can do it in PM :)

There are three suns in here, one red and two white.
there is no atmosphere and the clouds are far better on the TG3 version than on the TG2's, and they get rendered at least 30% faster.

Same goes for clouds, unless you used some of the new cloud input ports?
30% faster? :) I suppose you refer to the new method for speeding up localized clouds?

Sorry for all these questions and nagging, but it's important for other people to understand what's going on :)

Oshyan

Please take the detailed discussion to private messaging for now. Nice image though. :D

Thanks,

Oshyan

Bjur

~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

chris_x422

Really good Franck.

Here's an old test scene with dense vegetation, using the new gi and output passes.
I'm no compositor, but having this flexibility with the new passes is huge.

Chris

Tangled-Universe

Ah I knew it Chris ;D
Great example and great image, still.

Here's another one showing off render elements in action.
It already shows it's power and I even haven't done it entirely correctly because photoshop can't fully handle EXR for all functions.

Cheers,
Martin

yossam

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Can't wait.

Do you know of another application, besides photoshop, that can handle the EXR correctly?

Tangled-Universe

Probably Blender's compositor can handle this and that doesn't cost a single buck.

After Effects might be able as well, although that's also Adobe like Photoshop. Haven't finished trying yet.
Nuke definitely can do it.
Probably other "serious" compositing software can handle it as well.

choronr

paq

Thanks for the example images, the render elements freature will be so helpfull.

The waiting is killing me  :o
Gameloft

A4size

From Japan.  / a4size.3dcg@gmail.com
I am afraid I am not good at English.  | Twitter - http://twitter.com/A4sizeCG
CGHUB  | http://a4size.cghub.com/

rcallicotte

TU's clouds are awesome and Franck you are a frikkin' genius.

:o - me whistling until I get this app.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

efflux

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on June 18, 2013, 06:24:37 PM
Probably Blender's compositor can handle this and that doesn't cost a single buck.

After Effects might be able as well, although that's also Adobe like Photoshop. Haven't finished trying yet.
Nuke definitely can do it.
Probably other "serious" compositing software can handle it as well.

Yes, Blender can do this. You can output all these layers from Blender renderer the same way so people post edit it all in the compositor. It can deal with EXR import.

Walli

afaik Photoline can do this too, very cheap but capable Photoshop alternative

freelancah

Vortexes..vortexeeees!!!