Create a sun

Started by skarlath, June 15, 2013, 06:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skarlath

Would it be possible to create a sun similar to the image bellow with tg2, because the surface on that looks like it could be replicated with various warped Pfractals and maybe voronoi for the small surface effects

TheBadger

I believe yes!

Someone posted a file here with a sun somewhat like your asking about. Mahnmut is the posters name.
The render has a sun that looks much like you want. And she posted the whole file. But I do not remember the name of the thread. You would have to look through Mahnmut's post in image sharing to find it. THe file is in image sharing and not file sharing, I believe.

I dont believe you can animate that particular solution. But I really dont know for sure on that point. I do know that the render looked great! Its worth search for.

Maybe someone will see this and remember the name and post it.

Edit. I do have the file. If you cannot find it, and no one remembers the name. With Mahnmut's permission I can re-post it.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Yes, I think that would be possible. I would do the surface in a similar way to Freelancah's molten planet here, and use luminous surfaces:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,11970.0.html

Then for the flares and stuff, use a couple cloud layers with a very bright orange/yellow color. I'd use one layer with very large depth for the spiky-looking stuff on the left side, and another more warped for some of the other areas.

It would take some tinkering, but I think it's do-able. Oh, and the approach I just described would indeed be animatable.

Oh, here's Mahnmut's file: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,14632.msg143483.html#msg143483 (scroll down a bit)

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Yes, Oshyan posted it too.^^Same one:)

Does his answer or that thread give you what you want?
It has been eaten.

skarlath

i dont see the file posted on that thread anywhere

TheBadger

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,14632.0.html 13th post down from the top on page 1.

Only downloaded 13 times? Thats crazy!
It has been eaten.

skarlath

ah there it is

also heres what ive done so far, pretty basic
the scene files attached aswell if anyone wants to make it look awesome

skarlath

messed around with the volcanic planet oshyan suggest and got a good start

skarlath

this is what ive been able to get so far
scene file attached

Edit update scene file

skarlath

anyone able to help me any further on this.

Dune

What more help would you need? It looks very good. You could only enable the clouds and stretch this or another density fractal (Yx1000 or so) for these outbursts of fumes.
Will you be needing this on world scale or just as a backdrop thing? In the latter case you could make the planet and all features very much smaller; that might save render time (clouds especially).

skarlath

Quote from: Dune on June 17, 2013, 02:22:36 AM
What more help would you need? It looks very good. You could only enable the clouds and stretch this or another density fractal (Yx1000 or so) for these outbursts of fumes.
Will you be needing this on world scale or just as a backdrop thing? In the latter case you could make the planet and all features very much smaller; that might save render time (clouds especially).

plan to use it as a part of a matte background but it will be very close, pictures is going to be on a mercury type planet

skarlath

after some post work

Dune