tundra/taiga

Started by Dune, June 21, 2013, 08:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks, guys. No rest for me though. Hooked to TG3, you know....

Icegrip

Great improvements!! :) v1_7 is my favourite.

Dune

Another setup and some vegetation testing...

Bjur

Also great.

For me, the water is the "king" in that scene.
It looks super realistic to me in it's visual and spread/arrangement!
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

RArcher

Nice, the vegetation looks really naturally spaced.

Dune

Thanks guys, the veggies distribution was indeed my goal. Added some shrub, a winding creek and a railroad here, the latter just for fun.

choronr

After seeing this second image, I get surprised. Thought the vegetation was weeds among the rain puddles. Then, the second image gives a whole new perspective and scale with the added railway. Nice work!

Luc

Hi

Like #32 (v5) a lot

Excellent light here

Luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

Kadri

Nice tests!
Is the railroad a little width Ulco?

Jo Kariboo

Very nice work again !!!! I prefer the picture without the railway !

AP

The GI seems to bright on the vegetation, i would think the shadows would be darker. Color could be more saturated in some places, maybe a mix of less vibrant flora mixed with more vibrant.

Dune

I too noticed that some small shrub is too light (translucency too high). Good idea to make the colors more vibrant, sometimes tundra's are quite red/orange. I'm always a bit (too) careful about color.
The railway's width is exactly 143.5 cm, I measured it all out, even rail and sleeper widths and heights, etc.

I was thinking of adding a small station on an 'island' in the middle of the largest lake, plus a landing and a boat and maybe some more stuff  to add a little story to this......

Dune

So, here it is.

fleetwood

Very nice one. I hope that person on the platform has plenty of bug repellant. Those could be clouds of mosquitoes and black flies in the distance.

choronr

Beautiful image. And, the view and light set off so many details ...fine work Ulco!