tundra/taiga

Started by Dune, June 21, 2013, 08:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

WIP for an upcoming work. Stones turned out a little different than I wanted, and the grass is a bit monotonous, but that keeps me off the street.

Icegrip

Looking great so far! :) But I would mix up something with your trees as they look too uniform. Maybe add some dead trees in there and add some other model, some birches or thin spruces.

choronr

Very nice; like those boulders too.

jaf

Nice!  That got me thinking of a swamp scene...... bald cypress trees with knees.  Lots of green algae....
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

FrankB

Looks great, Ulco. The right side mid-ground is particularly beautiful and realistic, in my view.

Oshyan

Some really outstanding realism, especially in the background. Foreground rocks are a tad odd somehow, but overall very nice.

- Oshyan

Jo Kariboo

Probably one of my preferred of your pictures. If I can afford it would be nice to see  some lichens on the rocks.

otakar

The backgrounds rocks! More variety and you're there. Foreground needs to more work obviously.

londonsmee

Nice like it, maybe some water closer to the camera. Stick some birds in the background and some midges flying close to the camera. Well done.

Dune

Actually, I just thought to make a version with calm water in front, some grass and the rocks, so I might just do that.
Two more versions, more variety in trees and shrub, but the ground itself is poking through and not nice, and there's too much grass. Rocks... mmmm. I don't know, not necessarily better, I think. I'll do some more work to it. The birches need lighter leaves as well.

choronr

Like then both - for the rock specimens and, the vegetation. Especially like those leafless bushes.

yossam

I like the second one, mainly for the rocks. I agree about the grass. And I too like the leafless bushes, never thought to do that. I've done it with trees, but not bushes.

;)

TheBadger

TheBackgrounds in all the images are rather great. Agree with Frank about the mid right area.

Its looking good Ulco. I like the area chosen as the subject. Tundras are beautiful places in the spring, summer and early fall. I don't believe I have ever seen a documentary, or photo series of one that didn't make we want to visit it.

It has been eaten.

paq

Hi Ulco,

Really great image, for some reason I prefer the first image so far, maybe the background trees need a little bit more variation / color variation, but the overall compostition is better for me eyes.

Gameloft

mhaze

I like the 3rd one, excellent veg placement and convincing rocks