Animation previews on Save

Started by bigben, June 06, 2007, 09:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

One thing that bugs me when working with an animation is that when you save the TGD with an animated camera you get two "previews" of the animated camera settings. The first is the camera position changes, followed by the camera orientation. Saving a TGD with 18,000 frames, needless to say, takes a while. To get around this, you can switch to the node network before saving, but if you forget...  DO'H ... you're stuck until it's finished.

JDex

18000 frames o_O

Wow, even on our brand new, dual-quad core render farm that's a mind boggling number for a single shot.  I think that the previews should be adapted to be an option at save.  As for that sequence, however... I wish you all the best.

Oshyan

I agree this is an annoying necessity at the moment. However it only does it if you have baked your animation into a keyframe per-frame. In this case it's likely that you have simply used an external tool to create a unique keyframe for every frame to bypass TG2's built-in interpolation. At this point for that kind of approach this is a necessary evil.

- Oshyan

bigben

Quote from: Oshyan on June 07, 2007, 02:00:46 PM
I agree this is an annoying necessity at the moment. However it only does it if you have baked your animation into a keyframe per-frame. In this case it's likely that you have simply used an external tool to create a unique keyframe for every frame to bypass TG2's built-in interpolation. At this point for that kind of approach this is a necessary evil.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan

It was an imported CHAN file. At least you can delete the camera animation without removing the link to the CHAN file.

Quote from: JDex on June 07, 2007, 06:32:21 AM
18000 frames o_O

Wow, even on our brand new, dual-quad core render farm that's a mind boggling number for a single shot.  I think that the previews should be adapted to be an option at save.  As for that sequence, however... I wish you all the best.

It was just a test for converting TGS to CHAN. Still tinkering and exploring technical limitations... although the animation I'm planning is a sequel to about 10,000 frames. As with the first version, it's a tinkering test to see just how much can be done in a single TG file. At the moment it's looking like a hell of a lot....