I need some help with this image

Started by PillarOfAutumn, July 30, 2013, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PillarOfAutumn

I need some help with this image. I want to make the lake closest to the camera have a Beach looking area around it and i want to remove the big mountain in the background... The sea and clouds will also be improved
[attachimg=1]

TheBadger

Well to get rid of the mountain you can just use a "simple shape shader" to flaten out the area... Its far enough away from the camera that it should work rather well. But I like the mountain my self.

For the beach you already have a nice beach. Just add sand. There is a perfect beach sand file posted 1 or 2 posts down from this thread. "Ancient Creek"

It has been eaten.

PillarOfAutumn

I used a crater shader since i did not figure out how the simple shape shader worked xD I intended to create a small island instead of the mountain but i cannot figure out how to do it :/ Can you help me ? :)

TheBadger

Sorry Im not sure what you mean. You already have small islands in the image. And if you want a "small island where the mountain is, you'll never see it, its too far away.

Im not very good a giving instructions anyway. But I can say I like what you have so far. Just keep working. And Im sure someone who is better at this than me will offer some help.

cheers
It has been eaten.

PillarOfAutumn

I put the big mountain back but do you know how i can add som details to it ?

PillarOfAutumn

I think it looks better now but I need some help with ideas on what to add :)

[attachimg=1]

TheBadger

Looks good two. Nice variation.

Add some rocks now.
It has been eaten.

PillarOfAutumn

Should I place the rocks here ?
[attach=1]

Mahnmut

I´d say that really is your choice, but not a bad idea.
I have some more ideas you might try:
I don´t know how you do it, but I find it helpful to add populations, water shaders and other details as a final step, when I am satisfied with my terrain.

concerning the river, as mentioned above the painted shader is a good tool to shape your landscape with much control, for example to add detail to your river. Make sure the preview is finished generating highest detail, then pause it and simply paint in your river rises, depressions, whatever. (there is a brush symbol above the preview, third from the right) you can use these as displacement function for a surface layer then, or to mask layers. You can create an additional powerfractal-terrain and mask it with a simple shape, distance shader, painted or fractal shader to control where it appears.
i just made a simple example.
My best Regards,
J

PillarOfAutumn

What you guys think ? Not too bad for a rookie right ?
[attachimg=1]

Mahnmut

It´s not bad for a rookie, the placement of the rocks is nice. although in some aspects I liked the first version better.
I just don´t understand why you opened three threads for on Image.
Best Regards,
Jan

TheBadger

I like it too.

Nie results for a first effort. Nice anyway.
And you got some good variations you can play with too.

At this point I guess its just a mater of refining things; Adding color variation, Tweaking details, population variation and so on.

One thing you could do is take out some of the trees you have and replace them with a different species. Or you could could add some dead trees.
Its really personal preference and what objects you have, now.

Nice watching this one develop.

Cheers.
It has been eaten.