Tonight's thunderstorm photo, by me...

Started by Tangled-Universe, August 05, 2013, 06:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Just wanted to share this one with you guys.
Took me about 100 attempts to get a hit.
The cloud formation, including skirt was a real bonus and reward for the patience and persistence!

I shot this with a compact camera, on a tripod (Canon G11).

Can't wait to get a proper dSLR with far better low light performance (Nikon D600?).

Cheers,
Martin

alessandro

Cool pics you 'captured'. I lived in R'dam for a year and I remember those kind of storms :)
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

Bjur

Awesome picture, especially because of the cloud!

It looks like painted because of the missing sharpness (which isn't meant negative)..  :)
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

yossam

Great pic.............I love thunderstorms.  8)

TheBadger

That bolt of lightning looks like it has enough power to run a city for a year.

I feel sorry for the hundreds of poor buggers that get hit by one of those every year. What a way to go... Or get super powers!

[attachimg=1]
It has been eaten.

chris_x422

Very nice shot Martin!
I know how hard these can be to capture without shooting in continuous bursts.

I got a Nikon D3200 recently, can't recommend it highly enough, great in low light, and great resolution for capturing textures.
I almost spent a whole lot more on a full size sensor, but glad I didn't.

Dune

We've had a farm with a thatched roof for a year, and then thunderstorms are not as pleasant to see coming your way. Otherwise I love them, though I hate to have to shut down the machine, just in case...

jaf

Nice shots!  I have a G2 and G9 and really like them -- really versatile and great battery life.  The G2 is still going strong thought it's ten years old now.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Upon Infinity