Ride The Lightning!

Started by TheBadger, August 06, 2013, 01:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

A post by T-U in open reminded me that I had showed a way to get nice lightning in Tg2 via object. I remember now, that some one had expressed an interest in getting some of the objects (don't recall who). I also remembered that I had intended to share.

As Im currently trying to work my way through a list of things I had wanted to share, and in some cases promised to share, I thought I should do this one first.

Here is a quick and dirty example. No frills or hard work put in at all. IF you like where it is going, just post some links to images of lightning that you want, and I will happily make it for you.

For the record, I did not invent any part of the methods Im using. I found some nice work on line. But as usual who ever invented it did not write his name into the file.
You guys who share, please write your name and contact info into the files you giveaway! I know you do it for fun and stuff, but I like to give credit and links when I find fun stuff. And Also, Im terrable at remembering names, and remembering to write stuff down my self ;)

There is a little randomness to the process. So you may not get exactly what you ask for. But it should be pretty close.
Just post a link to a lighting photo you like, and I will take that as a request.

Cheers.

It has been eaten.

ADE

did a couple of these myself a yr or so back........what I did though was to  look for lightening images on the next, and then extract the shape in Photoshop and place it on a transparent background and smoothing away rough edges....then I placed this on a plane, like I do with leaves for my tree models. The image shown is in tg2 with no postwork