A quickie question..

Started by firesuite, June 11, 2007, 10:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firesuite

Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the sun, ive been round and round in the settings (ive been through them all) in my sunset scene and i can get the rest of it looking sweeet :) only thing is the sun remains very white even after changing the sun color..

anyone ??

Thanks

Oshyan

If your color is bright/light the resulting brightness of the sun disk will make it appear virtually white. Use a darker color but increase light strength to compensate. Then the sun disc color itself should change.

- Oshyan

firesuite

thats a fair point and ive just tried it but problem is the darker you go the more the resulting color overpowers the scene and it kind of loses realism, maybe i should be trying more subtle values.. im after the same amount of light and glow as i have now just a tinge of yellow in it instead of white... hmmmm

Cyber-Angel

What would be nice (Maybe this is coming in the final release I don't know) is if we could have the base sun colour option from 0.9.43 back then you could colour the sun and make sure that it was what you need, just putting my two cents in.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Oshyan

The problem is TG 0.9 was unrealistic in how it dealt with sun color. Realistically a light that bright with that specific color *would* be overpowering. A bright enough light (a star) with any color tint is still going to be pretty close to white from sheer brightness. That's why this is the result you get in TG2 - its handling of light is more realistic than TG 0.9. You could try just reducing saturation of the color but keeping the hue and luminosity...

- Oshyan

Will

Yea I've played around with using a large, powerfull light as a sun for some of my renders, I can post the clip for it.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.