witcher_3_trailer

Started by TheBadger, August 16, 2013, 12:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

reck

Enjoyed the previous one. Hope this is even better.

reck

I wonder what they used to render that out, looks amazing.

SteveR

that rendering...looks amazing! Almost real! In fact I thought it was at some points.

masonspappy

If that had been an unremarkable scene that did not invite close scrutiny I would have assumed it's real.

TheBadger

Yeah, those backgrounds are especially convincing! And I swear those horses (in most of the shots) would fool just about anyone.
It has been eaten.

Dune

They fooled me for a while!

mhaze

Actors will soon be out of a job!

Bjur

I love the Witcher trailers, great work!

Quote from: mhaze on August 18, 2013, 05:33:36 AM
Actors will soon be out of a job!

Nah, I guess (and hope) not..

I believe the next step or evolution will include some research and development into technics
for a proper integration of RL footage/characters into CGI environments - because it turns out to be cheaper
(and looking better) production wise..  :D
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

TheBadger

What do you mean Bjur?
Are you talking about games specifically?.. Real video mixed with CG, I mean? Obviously movies do that already, but I would like to see that in games somehow. The 3DO did that back in the 90's (sort of) But it didn't catch on very well.

But anyway I agree with you about the actors (despite actors annoy me terribly). They will become more involved in games and CG, not less. Those guys and probably the horses too, were mocap... I bet.
Not to mention the voice talent.

My System has some nice voices for reading text to me (I like the british guy, he tells me what time it is every thirty minutes) But just from that I can tell we will always need actors...Sadly.
It would be nice if we did not need them. Just because then you could really do everything your self. But this is always going to be a team sport.
It has been eaten.