Wish

Started by yossam, August 21, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Thanks Bob............still not completely satisfied with it.  :(

choronr

Not being satisfied is a good thing; you'll no doubt make it better. Maybe a change of cloud cover?

yossam

Thought about that..................the lighting bothers me more than anything else. Keep playin......................... ::)

Kadri

The last one looks good.
Did you tried to play with the lighting in post with an EXR or render elements Yossam ?

yossam

Yes...............it improved, but not where I want it. May have to use the render elements to get what I'm looking for. Which I know nothing about.  ???

choronr

What you might try is a second sun 180 degrees from the main sun; but, at a lower altitude and at very, very low strength.

yossam

Tried that already Bob............wasn't as satisfied with it as with the increase in the environment light.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.  :)

TheBadger

For me the problem is the light is coming from a back angle. Why not just the sun position? Or tone map an exr. Otherwise you'll never get that shadow soft enough to not be the POF.

Right now the POF is the shadow. Not whats casting the shadow, not whats in the background, but the shadow its self. From a photography perspective, you either move the sun. Or you tone map it differently than you have it now. Ideally, I would move the sun.

Other than that I love everything in the image.
It has been eaten.

yossam

The sun is about 90 degrees to the left of the well..............I moved the sun all over except the right side, might have to try that. Thanks Michael.  ???

When I started this image I had another idea in mind..................godrays coming from behind the well at a high angle. Couldn't get it right (got tired of fooling with it).

masonspappy

This is definatley top notch!

yossam

Changed the lighting.............which is better?

masonspappy

There's more light here, but my personal preference is still your second version.

choronr

I agree, the 2nd is your best so far.

TheBadger

hmmmm, yeah. I like 2 better too. But then the problem remains. Yossam, you said you tried a bunch of sun positions. But why could you not get it so that there was just a little more light hitting the front of the object?

I definitely did not think you should kill all of the shadows. Zen is someplace between image 2 and 3, I think.
You just need a little sun light on the front to make the object pop in its own shadow. To pull it to the front so there is balance with object, the shadow, and rest of comp.

Does that make sense or am I babbling now? Time to sleep.
It has been eaten.

yossam

I think maybe I'm thru................

By the way, I love this new lighting system.  ;D