Wish

Started by yossam, August 21, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Suggestions......................?

masonspappy

From what I can see it looks great, but is way too dark

Dune

Yes, it's nice, but needs a fill light from the right.

kaedorg

very nice. i like the path and trees

i make a wish : to make views like that  ;)

reck

Looking good, but yeah a bit more light.

Dune, in your experience do you think it's possible to now do away with fill lights now? I was always of the opinion that you'd get better\more realistic lighting if you just stuck with the sun and then used GI and exposure to gain light in shadow.

mhaze

Looks like it may be good but it's too dark.

EoinArmstrong

It's lovely, but yeah needs more light.  Rather than using a fill, try upping your GI to 1.7 or 1.8?

alessandro

Great atmosphere, just a little bit of more lighting and it's perfect!
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

inkydigit

toss a coin in?
looks great, really great!
maybe a little under exposed?
still lovely detailing!
cheers
J
:)

Dune

I don't see why fill lights can't be used anymore, I do. It might be an interesting experiment to see what difference it yields, either fill light or higher GI.

yossam

I had a fill light to the right of the well and it made everything "flat". I upped the GI to 3,3,8 and bounce to 3, maybe higher?  ???

Hannes

I have always been a great fan of the fill light setup, but the downside is you may get additional ugly shadows. If you turn off "cast shadows" for the fill lights, everything looks flat as mentioned above.
I'd suggest increasing "strength on surfaces" in the environment light tab. You may start with 1.5 and see how it looks. This way the darker areas are a bit lighter without losing the shadow details created by the GISD.

Dune

The fill light without shadow won't throw a shadow obviously, but only lights one side. So if you place them (it) carefully, you can still get depth. If you set them at 80-90 degrees of your camera angle for instance. And don't overdo the strength of course, just a little extra. I used them in my canyon as bounce lights from 45 degrees below.

yossam

Set the strength on the environment light to 1.5 per Hannes suggestion...............any better?

By the way, there was much use of the content provided by Planetside (and others). Thanks guys.  ;)

choronr

One of your best works; darn near picture perfect!