The Last Desert River

Started by Dune, August 22, 2013, 08:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaedorg

Great Job Ulco. I'd prefer the 1st one. second is really great too. 3rd is not my kind but a good job too (prefer with water)

I'm really impressed by your work on this. It'll be inspiring for sure

David

mhaze

Oh Yeah! that first one is fantastic - the other are good too

choronr

Looking very good; and, appreciate the ripples in the sand. The first image is my favorite.

alessandro

Outstanding images, all of those: I like the 2nd the most.
What strikes me are the variations in the terrain, which is really impressive.
Besides the rocks population used for the river bed, I like very much the rocks that seem partly covered by sand. Now, sorry if I'm unpolite but as a TG newbie I've got to ask: are those rocks also done with the populator (but then how'd you cover those with sand?)?
Or are made out of a cascaded PFS with breakup masks etc.?
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

yossam

2nd is my favorite...................would like to see it bigger.  ::)

Kadri

I mostly like very widescreen images.
Don't know why but in the last years i end up making vertical framed images .
The last 2 are vertical but i like the first one more too. It looks very nice to me Ulco :)

TheBadger

I like the first of the three the best.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Quoteare those rocks also done with the populator
Neither rocks are made with a populator, they're all fake stones. The ones in the river bed masked by a derivate of the river mask, the others by a mask derived from the sand displacements outside the river area, i.e. restricted to the lowest darker sand areas.

After coloring the stones, I did add some slope restricted sand color on them, and the partly sand covered stones in the right below area are sand covered because they are in the 'gray area' of the river mask. 

I tend to like horizontal images as they fit so nicely on the screen. But for prints for hanging on walls, this is different of course. Landscape images also emit more peace, vertical is more 'unbalanced', so to speak.

Jo Kariboo

I very like the sands in the 3 last one and excellent post prod !!!

dorianvan

The first image is fantastic, well done! The palms look very familiar  ;)
-Dorian

Dune

Thanks guys. The sand is very simple; just some colors followed by a no color very small fake stones density 2 and another white same size fake stones density 0.4 but restricted to tops.