What do you think about the light scattering in these clouds?

Started by blinkfrog, August 30, 2013, 01:10:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri


We will need a "third party tools" section in the forum soon as it looks.Nice :)

Oshyan

Quote from: Kadri on October 05, 2015, 12:50:30 pm

We will need a "third party tools" section in the forum soon as it looks.Nice :)


Yes Kadri, that's the hope! Daniil has been the big pioneer with the SDK so far, but we're working on getting others going as well. Once we have had a chance to shake out the bugs and finalize the SDK we'll be making it more widely available and then the Plugin Development section will return! Hopefully it will be vibrant and full of interesting plugins. :)

- Oshyan

Kadri


Oshyan as always it is probably hard to say when the SDK will be ready,
but could you say just roughly as percentage how much it is done? Curious :)

Oshyan

Hmm... Well, keeping in mind the 90/90 rule (90% of the coding takes 90% of the time, the remaining 10% takes the other 90% of the time :D), I believe it's fair to say it's 90% done. But the time to complete and tidy up the remaining 10% is the question, of course. Unfortunately that I can't answer, but it really is just about "feature complete" at this point, and the number of bugs is so far small. We will probably see more things to fix up once it reaches a wider audience.

- Oshyan


TheBadger

It has been eaten.

pokoy

Very excited to see this. An improved cloud and light scattering model would be by far #1 on my list of things I'd love to see. The examples posted here are beautiful so good to hear the SDK is almost there. Good news!!