Question

Started by yossam, August 31, 2013, 12:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Would it be possible to imitate "flak" bursts using a small scale cloud layer in TG3, or would it be better to do in post?

cyphyr

Hmm, I've tried this before and the answer is it would not be easy. Easier with many cloud layers in the same place, but not much easier. You'd need to use a warped redirect for each direction and of course you'd want them all at the same level ... and 360 degrees of flak ... I'd go with post or an imported image map.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

Too bad you can't make a population of planets, or it won't be a problem. You can, but it won't render. Maybe try to make 3D dots in the sky (blue nodes), use that as mask for small fractal clouds....

yossam

I don't know enough about blue nodes to do that.............any pointers?

Dune

I'll try something later... first eat something.

yossam

When you get time..............

Dune

Here you go. Could be improved no doubt, but I think it's not too bad. Didn't have time for a larger render.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 01, 2013, 08:29:09 AM
Here you go. Could be improved no doubt, but I think it's not too bad. Didn't have time for a larger render.
Very good mate...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Seems fairly easy conceptually, to my mind. Just a smaller scale for the fractal noise shader on the cloud, then adjust input gamma for separation and adjust other noise parameters for density. Make it a tall layer if you want them well distributed vertically as well.

- Oshyan