"Remember When"

Started by masonspappy, September 02, 2013, 01:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

This is my attempt to copy an image by Stefan Haberkorn displayed  in a Cinema 4D forum.  I've been playing around with some ideas for trees and vegetation (never been particularly happy with xFrog trees for close up work, although they are fine for distance). Not sure if I'm done at this point or should add more to it, so I'll park it here for a few days and see what kind of feedback I get.
- Cam

yossam

I like............the only thing that I would do is either make your flower population shorter, or add another population of grass maybe to accompany the flowers.

Dune

Nice work so far. What I would do is get lots more grass and flowers in to cover the bare ground. And I also think this could be a very nice setup for a moody image, with mist and some strange light here and there, really mysterious. The trees are very nice, but some of the branches just have leaves on them, and these look a bit 'simple', and that's too bad. Maybe you can obscure those branches with other foliage.
I agree; let it sit for a while and see what ideas come up.

inkydigit

A great scene and cool idea Cam.... more grasses and tree variations, as stated already, would help take this to the next level... I love the tree house and swing etc!
:)
Jason

Lady of the Lake

A great idea for an image.  Keep it going.

jo

Hi Cam,

I think if you added some translucence to the leaves they'd look a lot better.

Regards,

Jo

masonspappy

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I've come up with two other versions of this image based on your input.  Here's the first and I'll post the 2nd in a day or so.
- Cam

Lady of the Lake

An eerie yellowish glow (light) in the tree house perhaps?  This is getting very spooky already.

Dune

Yeah! That's what I mean. Perhaps some small lights out there in the mist, like fairies walking around, or zombies, or just scouts with torches finding the missing child (who is of course long gone and aged and now lives down under under a different name).

TheBadger

Its good. THe last one is creepy though. Looks like a horror movie.  :o
It has been eaten.

masonspappy

@ Dune:  OVer here, "down under" usually means someplace in South Carolina... ;D
@Badger: And it's looking even creepier....

DannyG

bottom lite does make it spooky, cool stuff mason
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

masonspappy

I was not satisfied with the firefly  results using the TG3 lighting system so I postworked them in with PSP. (I think the mist was distorting the light pinpoints so that they were always too large.) But I did kind of like the effect when a single light point was enlarged and brightened so I left it in.
There is one more version of this I'm working on - early morning with mist. Hope to post shortly.

Lady of the Lake