HDRI output and TRAM?

Started by mayda, December 25, 2006, 07:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayda

hi!
i'm learnin' something about how may works the new release of terragen....
at the moment i'm askin' if will be avaible in the future some plugin to generate an HDRI output (as the previous terragen version) and some software that will be able to render and stop the pc after work as TRAM...
thanks!

JohnnyBoy

Terragen2 already supports HDRI output. Save as OpenEXR.

mayda

:)
thank you for this precious info!

Tim O'Donoghue

Quote from: JohnnyBoy on December 25, 2006, 08:02:50 AM

Do you know which image editors support OpenEXR?

Thanks!

Tim O

mayda

i've learn today that exist a soft called openexr... i've tro try this one too!
new names will be greatly appreciate

JohnnyBoy

I use Photoshop CS2 and it works well.
A cheaper alternative is Pixel Image Editor for $32. They have a demo version that leaves a watermark on the image.
http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/?page_id=12
Actually this may be more powerful than CS2 for manipulating EXR images. Trying it now. :)

Moose

Quote from: tjodonoghue on December 25, 2006, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: JohnnyBoy on December 25, 2006, 08:02:50 AM

Do you know which image editors support OpenEXR?

The alpha for the open source Cinepain has just been released. I haven't tried it, but perhaps it will be stable enough for what you need it for (they say there are bugs, so maybe not). Something to keep an eye on as it develops though, as it looks to have some nice features.

http://www.cinepaint.org/

:)

JohnnyBoy

Ok, my quick review:

Photoshop - Very stable, most features disabled. You can adjust exposure, offset, gamma and use the channel mixer. Blur and sharpen work, layers do not. Clone tool works and thats about it. CS3 should allow more options (I will download the Beta soon).

PixelImageEditor (PIE) - Very unstable, supports layers and all of its other tools apparently. Need more time to evaluate.

Cinepaint - No luck with this.

JohnnyBoy

Photoshop CS3 Beta has a few more options, most notable are Levels and more Blur and Sharpen filters, for 32bit mode. You get many more options if you go to 16bit mode(especially layers), but there are still greyed out functions. :(

Tonz

Photoshop CS2 allows exr imports? My CS2 couldn't open the exr files I had. I ended up downloading a plugin for Photoshop to open them.

JohnnyBoy

Maybe I did download a plugin and just forgot. I have too many to keep track of them all.

mayda

I've download a plugin for ps cs....
it works ... but not so cool....

http://www.openexr.com/downloads.html

i'll try the others....

3DGuy

Quote from: Tonz on December 25, 2006, 02:40:03 PM
Photoshop CS2 allows exr imports? My CS2 couldn't open the exr files I had. I ended up downloading a plugin for Photoshop to open them.
Yes, I just open then using file->open. And I haven't installed any plugins for filehandling.

jo

Hi,

Mac OS X 10.4 supports OpenEXR. You can view OpenEXR images in Preview, for example. Any application which uses the OS imaging frameworks ( CoreImage, Image I/O etc. ) should be able to open then, but what they can do with them is another matter.

Regards,

Jo

TerraProject

Quote from: mayda on December 25, 2006, 07:14:34 AM
hi!
i'm learnin' something about how may works the new release of terragen....
at the moment i'm askin' if will be avaible in the future some plugin to generate an HDRI output (as the previous terragen version) and some software that will be able to render and stop the pc after work as TRAM...
thanks!

I saw this post only today.
There is already a Tram2 for Terragen2. Do you looking at terraproject.de. Tram2 also has many more features than the TRaM1 for Terragen-Classic. Tram2 is multilingual and has an English UI and functions description.
TerraProject