Object UV image projection not working on Linux Render Node?

Started by joro1775, September 09, 2013, 07:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

joro1775

Hi all!

First post here so apologies if I mess something up a little bit.

I'm working on a project where the camera is flying over a bunch of trees and up towards a mountain. Currently I'm using a placeholder tree from the Walli plant pack until I make my own. When I render the scene on Windows everything appears to be fine. However, when I try to render with the Linux render node the texture mapping on the trees seems to get all messed up.

I've tried rendering with different image textures and tgo files but I always seem to get the same problem. I tried using Plan Y image projection for the textures and was able to confirm that they were actually getting read in by the program correctly. However, for obvious reasons I need to have it work when using Object UV image projection for the textures to actually be mapped correctly.

Is there anything currently known about Object UV image projection being messed up on the Linux render node? Or maybe something really obvious that I've just overlooked?

I've attached example images of the Windows on Linux renders for comparison, as well as the project files and assets I used to render them.


I'm running Windows 7 64bit Enterprise.
The Linux machine is running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

The machines both have identical hardware, specs are:
Intel Core i7-3930k
64GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ram
Nvidia GTX 670 4GB


Thank for the help!

Oshyan

Strange indeed. No, there's nothing currently known, but there may be a bug.

I don't have a Linux machine to test on so I can't verify this, but I think the first thing to do is make certain it's not a path issue or other similar problem. Did you use the "Gather Project" function to package the files and transfer to your Linux machine, or are you accessing the files over the network? If you haven't tried to "gather" the project, I suggest that as a first step in troubleshooting.

If that still doesn't work, see if the result is the same as what you'd get when turning off leaf textures on the Windows version. It does look as if some textures are there, but just incorrectly mapped. So again it may indeed be a bug of some kind, though it seems like an odd one.

Ultimately we may need you to share the scene and its assets for internal testing.

- Oshyan

joro1775

I'm 99% certain it's not a file path issue. Though that was my first thought as well.

Everything is defined using relative files paths and I confirmed they're working but testing with just a solid blue jpeg.

The project file and all the assets are inside that wall_mtn_tuff.zip that I attached in my original post in anyone want to try rendering it.

The Wall Mtn Tuff the remnant of an ancient Volcano in Colorado from 37 million years ago for all you wondering :P

Thanks again for the help!

jo

Hi,

I've been offline for a few days due to a big storm. I'll have a look at your project in Linux.

Regards,

Jo

jo

Hi,

Sorry, I thought I'd posted an update on this already. There was a problem rendering TGO objects on Linux and this has been fixed. I believe a new release will be available quite soon.

Regards,

Jo

joro1775