Problems with Max Altitude and Surface Layer Placement

Started by Jonathan, September 18, 2013, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Hi All,

I have noticed a couple of issues. One is that when I add a lake (close to 0,0), the lake does not fill in all areas that are lower than the level set for the lake. A similar problem (TGD attached) is that when setting a maximum altitude for a surface layer, it doesn't colour all heights below. I may be doing something wacky, but perhaps you could advise? In the attached TGD, the Surface Layer is set at 11 meters, but does not cover all lower heights.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Jonathan

Hi All,

On the same project I have added a population. When I set the Minimum altitude at a number well above the level I need, all the instances of the population are shown below the minimum altitude. When I make the Minimum Altitude lower than the level I require, all instances disappear - almost like the Minimum Altitude is in reverse. I have added an updated TGD (and have only enabled the second population of nettles). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Oshyan

The surface layer issue is due to the Max Alt Fuzzy Zone on your altitude constraint tab. The fuzzy zone is measured in meters. See here for details:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Fuzzy_Zones
and here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Surface_Layer_-_Altitude_Constraints_Tab

In the 2nd project, it's working this way because you have "Invert Density Shader" enabled in the population settings.

- Oshyan

Jonathan

Thanks Oshyan - I never new that about the Fuzzy Zone - I guess I give myself a big Doh! Thanks for clarifying this.

Jonathan

Dune

What strange way to have your breakup shader coming from the output of the planet  ???