Sold

Started by otakar, September 19, 2013, 04:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

on TG3 that is. This render did it, though it was just a test with clouds. It may not look too impressive to you, but it has always been a challenge for me to create decent looking rain clouds. Disregard the terrain, I only spent a couple of minutes on it and it's way overlit (too much enviro light). I maxed out the TG3 Free quality settings here. Almost 3-hour render time, but that is on an M520-powered laptop (still got 8GB of RAM). My render rig will be able to handle that quite a bit faster.

BTW, why was the label changed in the render node to "Defer atmo/cloud" from RTA? Just curious.

Finally got the upgrade (from TG2) transaction done, hope my key arrives not before long :)

Oshyan

Very nice! I looked at the image before reading your description and thought "there's really some nice detail in those clouds, but the terrain is rather plain". So it seems we're on the same page. ;) The clouds are nicely done indeed, subtle, but very detailed.

"Defer" was just a more accurate way to describe what was happening in the renderer with the atmo/cloud option.

Your key file will be sent along shortly. :)

- Oshyan

EoinArmstrong

Those clouds are really magnificent!