Waterberg Plateau

Started by PabloMack, September 28, 2013, 09:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

Since I have plateaus and mesas on the brain, I thought I'd share with you a place my wife and I visted in 1997. Waterberg Plateau is in northern central Namibia. Below is a view from space via google maps. The "A" balloon marks the camp site while "B" marks reception for Waterberg Plateau Park. They have a number of single dwelling bungalows that are spread out providing isolation. They are basic but new and clean. You can bring your own food or eat at the restaurant which has limited selection. It was very cheap to stay there ($8 per day) once we got past the international air fare. Apparently more expensive now but still very low budget for Africa. A very good deal. One day my wife and I got separated on a walk and I thought I heard her calling my name. Eventually I realized that it was the Chacma Baboons barking while perching themselves on the cliffs. Small antelopes called dikdiks graze in the open on the camp grounds. But be careful because the Baboons will run off with your laundry if you hang it out to dry.

http://www.namibiareservations.com/waterbergresorte.html

TheBadger

So your going to make a render of this place?
It has been eaten.

PabloMack

I had never posted in the <share photos> section. After posting I realized that this area is supposed to be for terragen renders only. I would like to come up with a top-rock type mesa that I could use in a screen play. Waterberg does not have enough of a shear cliff face to serve my purpose so (to answer your question) probably "no". Still a cool place though.