Futur of TG0.9

Started by Bleurelatif, June 20, 2007, 03:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleurelatif

Well, I read from time to time that TG0.9 is dead, killed by the new TG2 and i cannot agree with that.
We are still many fans of the old one, still discovering new way of using and creating pictures with "old" TG.

My question is : what will be the futur of TG0.9 if any ? Will there be a (last) update ? or is TG0.9.43 the last one ?

If I had only one wish for TG0.9.5x or even TG1.0.0 ;) it would be having something like the TGTP 2D clouds and the possibility of having a 2nd cloud layer, the rest is more than fine :)

Cyber-Angel

I would think that all current resources are been put into TG2 so there maybe little or no work at all been done on the old version now, I would think.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Oshyan

We do not plan significant further development of Terragen 0.9 at this time. We will be focusing on Terragen 2 for the foreseeable future. Once TG2 is finalized and released we may revisit TG 0.9 to correct any incompatibilities with Vista, for example, but there will be no notable feature enhancements.

We recommend upgrading to Terragen 2 as soon as possible if you are unsatisfied with TG 0.9's current level of capability. There is nothing to stop you continuing to enjoy use of TG 0.9 if TG2 doesn't suit your preference, but we do hope that as TG2 develops further you will reconsider that decision in the future.

- Oshyan