possible bug?

Started by Kevin F, October 12, 2013, 05:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

try this:
create a power fractal v3 shader and select tweak noise, the default noise flavour is Perlin with ridge smoothing and gully smoothing both set at 0.1.
Now change the noise flavour to Perlin Billows and ridge smoothing option blanks out, now choose Perlin ridges and Gully smoothing option blanks out but Ridge smoothing is available again. Now go back to basic Perlin flavour and both ridge and gully smoothing are blanked out and don't return.

Dune

I'll report it at alpha. I did notice something like that, but it actually never registered in my mind. The funny thing is that if you want to change the amount of smoothing, just go back to ridges and billows, change either slider and then return to perlin, and the number stays the way you set it.

Kevin F

Cheers Ulco,
true if you do what you say, but the values are greyed out and not applied when Perlin selected, but are available for mixes 1&2.

Dune

Resolved for next build. Quoting Matt: 'Both Gully Smoothing and Ridge Smoothing should be disabled when the noise flavour is Perlin. The bug here is that they are not disabled when the shader is first created.'

Kevin F