A** holes

Started by yossam, October 18, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

Watch the video. It wasn't a very large rock and I would say it was about to go by itself any time. Still, no way they saved anyone's life. That was just an excuse to do some destruction. Hiking and scouting are all about taking risks. Stand a safe distance from these structures and you will be okay. Most of the time these things are pushed over by strong winds in a storm; times when nobody is out there in the park walking around. But these structures are what people go out there to see. They won't be there if people knock them down for some lame excuse. I'd say a reasonable fine is appropriate and it would make the guy think twice next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yc--BxjrHU

matrix2003

I was a Scout.

We "Green scouts" had a couple rules. Take only pictures. Leave only footprints.

Or the other one was - take out what you brought in, and leave it cleaner then when you found it.

The smartest thing they should have done was bring this to the rangers attention. Scout's honor.
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

inkydigit

I was a scout too... that guy is an utter (expletive deleted!)
I would have laughed it it had landed on him, I know that is wrong too,but...
cheers
Jason
:)

yossam

Just a small update............both men have been charged with 3rd degree felonies for their actions. They could both be facing up to 5 years in prison and thousands of dollars in fines. They have a court date sometime in the middle of March. By the way, they were both dismissed from the BSA for what happened.

N-drju

Just as they should. Pity the rock didn't fall the other way.  :o
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

TheBadger

And let this be a lesson to any who dare trespass on sacred mother earth, long may the queen rule! Yes! forever and ever! All The earth is sacred and special, and a man is but an ant on her hill. Amen.

???

::)
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Yes I agree with Yossam that they are assholes. But they have already been completely humiliated. Their kids and families even received death threats.

And lets face the facts of the case. All they did was move one compressed piece of future dirt, from one place to another. Not really worthy of the death penalty, guys.

What this case really reveled (other than that those guys were morons) is that earth worshipers are f***ing nuts!! And yet one more reason for me to justify owning firearms.

Seriously, killing a man and his family because of that rock? ITs F***ing crazy.
The people who were mad enough to send a death threat to those families are the real problem. Im scared of naturalists and conservationists. They all seem like lunatics.

No they should NOT have done it. But it was two guys doing one wrong thing. The "environmentalists" are a large number of people doing lots of bad things. ;)
It has been eaten.