Ice Age Migration 2

Started by alessandro, December 22, 2013, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

Here is a new render with TG3, still a lot to learn but day by day I'm getting more accustomed.
I have a long list of features that I'd love to see in TG3, it's XMas, may I ask?  ;D

www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

Marcos Silveira

Interesting!!
Where is the +1 button?!?!

Dune

Interesting idea. Hard traveling for these guys. Where did you get those mammoths, by the way? they're looking nice. And what features would you like in TG? We're all entitled to one gift per person  ;)

alessandro

Quote from: Dune on December 23, 2013, 04:22:17 AM
Interesting idea. Hard traveling for these guys. Where did you get those mammoths, by the way? they're looking nice. And what features would you like in TG? We're all entitled to one gift per person  ;)

Hey Ulco,
adult Mammoths are Dinoraul's (you can find them in Renderosity marketplace), Baby Mammoth is built out of DAZ Studio African Elephant model (scaled it down and morphed tusks in).
No fur used on those because they are quite far from camera. However, in this other image I posted some time ago, I furred those mammoths (also the baby), and the woolly rhino (a model I did) with my hair/fur Look at my Hair plugin for DAZ Studio, which allows also to export fur to .OBJ and use it in external apps.

alessandro

Quote from: Dune on December 23, 2013, 04:22:17 AM
We're all entitled to one gift per person  ;)

Oops, I forgot to name my TG3 gift... well, difficult to choose, I'd like to see so many features added... ok, then I'll pick up a more complex object population node that would allow to choose and mix multiple objects. That would be very useful for me.

Dune

TY, Alessandro, I'll have a look there. Interesting 'gift', but why would that be better than mixing single pops?

alessandro

Well, see for instance how the ecosystem population works in Vue: you can load and mix multiple plants (or objects) at once, establishing population density, scale etc. per specie. In TG3 you need to create x separate pops, and fiddle until you get the desired result, and there is still the chance of getting overlapping objects (or too close to each other).