Pines

Started by yossam, December 26, 2013, 01:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

This looks good on my monitor..............hope it's not too dark.  :)

Dune

Looks really good on mine too. Very subtle soft shadows, I like it!

mhaze

Very moody, matches the sky perfectly.

masonspappy

From what I can make of the image, it looks good. But too dark, which I think is more a reflection of my monitor.

AP

No offense to anyone here but I see this all of the time. No one ever displaces there bark and branch textures so they look entirely flat. Apologies, it is just throwing the believability off.

TheBadger

Too dark. It looks like a photo that was exposed for the sky rather than the trees.
Agree with Chris. But I think the bark thing is more about the RTO on off issue than that no one wants to do it.
It has been eaten.

yossam

Adjusted the lighting................. :o

I've got one rendering with RTO turned off..............will post later.

yossam

And this is what you get with RTO turned off.  :-[

Dune

TheBadger

That is funny yossam, though Im sure it annoyed you. There is little worse around these parts then waiting for a render that explodes on you;(

But for the new users around, I would just say that, that is not what you get when you render RTO off. It is just what that particular model with that particular texture got, with what ever settings were used.

But Yossam, the image just above looks good anyway. You could tell a story in that woods... Now that I can see whats happening ;)
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

I would guess that the displacement was set very high, to get a stronger effect with the bump mapping that you get when using Raytrace Objects. The high displacement setting would make the tree trunks "explode". It may also be related that these tree models might not have a lot of trunk geometry for the displacement to work with...

- Oshyan

yossam

Displacement was at .01...................kinda confused me when I saw that.  :D