TG3 on osx mavericks 10.9.1

Started by sirio, December 31, 2013, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirio

Hi all,

I'm a new TG3 user and after the first couple of weeks of usage where all went fine I started having continuous problems.
Basically I noticed that:
1) working with trees (I guess objects in general) makes TG3 unstable (individual trees - not populations). Examples:
- UI becomes slow and some items start behaving abnormally: for example I click on "Render camera 1" but its data window doesn't display as it normally would.
- translating objects doesn't work anymore

2) clicking on menus doesn't always open the corresponding window. For example, sometimes I have to click on "library"  two or three times before the library window opens.

Exiting TG3 , if 1) or 2) (or both) happen, will throw an exception.

This problem has reached a level where I need to save my work and cross fingers every few minutes.. productivity is very low unfortunately.

Are these problems anybody else can confirm (on Mac) ?
If not, how do I completely uninstall TG3? (removing it from "Applications" leaves a lot of config settings and maybe other files in the system)

Thanks a lot for assistance
Sirio

TheBadger

Hi, I have not upgraded to mavericks. I have not upgraded because I have been reading in other forums about other software breaking in mavericks.

It was the same with the transition from snow leopard to lion. That is, it was best to wait a while. though the issues were different in that example.

If jo can do something, great! But you may want to revert to the newest version of lion. Maybe not, just a thought.
It has been eaten.

sirio

it's most probably due to the new OS compatibility.

The same things I do on my Windows Pc, same TG version, create no problem, works perfectly.
Same cannot be said under OSX.

I hope the development team will release a version compatible with OSX Mavericks soon :)
(renders on a 2.2Ghz i7 MacPro are 3 times faster than on my 2.6Ghz i5 Win7 PC)

Sirio

sirio

sorry, I meant MacBook Pro ,not Mac Pro  ;)

Oshyan

We have Mavericks in testing and haven't seen any such issues thus far, but we're still investigating and testing. TG3 is already compatible with Mavericks generally speaking.

- Oshyan

sirio

I run mavericks on a macbook pro late 2012, with 12GB of RAM.

The problems show up after you use it a little bit, not from the start. Try adding/removing objects such as trees and play with the library.
After a while you'll start noticing the problems.
Interface starts behaving abnormally, objects tree views sometime do not show some items, and yes - crashes (also if you just close the application - it will throw an exception).

Unfortunately I had to switch to Windows for the moment, on my macbook TG3 is currently too unstable (sorry to say this, but I'm sure it will help to make it an even better product! )

sirio

jo

Hi sirio,

I think the problem you've mentioned is fixed for the next release. However can you give me any more information about the exception please? Does it have text with something along the lines of "Unrecognised selector handleFrameDidChange: sent to"?

It would be helpful if you were able to send me some crash logs. You can find crash logs in Console.app, which is in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder. In the sidebar of the Console window there is a "Diagnostic and Usage Information" section. Under this is a "User Diagnostic Reports" section. If you open that you will find crash logs. The ones which start with "Terragen 3" are for TG3, which you may have guessed. Select them to see the crash log in the Console window.

There are a couple of ways to send me the crash report. One is to copy and paste the content of the crash log into an email. Another way is to control click/right click on the crash log in the sidebar and choose "Mail" from the menu. This will create a new email with the crash log file attached. You email me at jomeder@planetside.co.uk.

Regards,

Jo

sirio

Hi Jo,
I just sent you my crash log files. None of them has "Unrecognised selector handleFrameDidChange: sent to" .

Best Regards,
Sirio